If EVO were a PC, it would be DOA

This is a discussion on If EVO were a PC, it would be DOA within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; So I got this new cool EVO phone. Download and run Quadrant Standard. It scores about middle of the pack. This for the phone supposedly ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If EVO were a PC, it would be DOA

If EVO were a PC, it would be DOA

So I got this new cool EVO phone. Download and run Quadrant Standard. It scores about middle of the pack. This for the phone supposedly the coolest thing on the planet.

If the EVO were a PC, and it scored low benchmarks, it would be considered DOA.

It's only as cool as the stuff you can run on it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This is not news. We've all known about its limitations for a while. There's a bunch of devs hard at work correcting HTCs blunders and they've already gotten pretty damn far. I don't even care about the scores. The Evo is the sum of its parts and is still an amazing device.

I have to agree. When new phones come out you pay between 1-200$ for a pretty average phone. Now phones like the Evo are coming out and the price is about the same but you get so much more. I am all over this phone, huge upgrade for me. I'm digging the Evo

This thing runs circle's around my old BB Tour ...... I'd buy it again and again ....you couldn't pay me to by an IPhone ...... if this is slacking I love it ...

my bet is this guy would complain if he was hung with a new rope :D

Hey Vision i see you finally got your phone. Glad to see it. Looks like you are liking it so far. You'll have to give a review after you get to run it through its paces.

Sam
    keep in mine also that the other benchmarks are not all stock devices (some are even virtual machines run on a desktop) or stock ROMs. for example, my droid scored 1176 on froyo and overclocked at 1ghz. is that a good representation of a stock motorola droid? nope.

Quote Originally Posted by wbpo5l View Post
    So I got this new cool EVO phone. Download and run Quadrant Standard. It scores about middle of the pack. This for the phone supposedly the coolest thing on the planet.

If the EVO were a PC, and it scored low benchmarks, it would be considered DOA.

It's only as cool as the stuff you can run on it.
    Your an idiot. If any phone was converted some how.. into a pc it would be doa.. These phones (smart phones) were not made to be considered pc's they were made to multitask.. and that's exactly what they do. Having previously owned an iPhone I can assure you the evo is worth its weight in gold, even without rooting it.. if you don't like the evo go out and buy that paper weight they call the iphone..

So I'm an idiot? Maybe. But I'm still disspointed in the graphics capabilities compared with other currently available Android phones.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEAWmSB1P8w]YouTube - Android GPU comparison[/ame]

The iPhone barely has the evo beat on graphics, with that being said i would rather have a phone that can do just as much if not more with a lot less monthly bill and less graphics capabilities and a FAR better network.. if you want good graphics playing video games all day buy an xbox .. Graphics should be one of the last things on the totem poll when purchasing a phone.. network is number one.. again this phone can do everything they say it can do as advertised.. what's the problem? You knew the capabilities of this phone before you bought it .. but you still bought it so.... be content with it, its a great phone..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links