sirius xm app

This is a discussion on sirius xm app within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Originally Posted by jturner278 I installed it and when you close or leave the app... It's gone Definitely not happening on my EVO 4G. Maybe ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sirius xm app

Quote Originally Posted by jturner278 View Post
    I installed it and when you close or leave the app... It's gone
    Definitely not happening on my
    EVO 4G. Maybe get the EVO replaced?

--
    Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

I have no issues with any other app on my evo.. I updated to Android 2.2 Froyo yesterday. It runs great. I was previously forcing my xm app to run by reinstalling it every day so I could launch the app. I did this because when the app was installed it never created a shortcut icon in the app directory. After I updated to 2.2 I went to the app directory to see if my xxm app showed up... it did not, so I re-installed it again hoping it would show up. It did not. So the new issue with the xm app will run then it will play for about 30 seconds then it will replay the same thing I just heard as though it was in a loop. I am going to try to get customer support from sirius xm.

Quote Originally Posted by freyfamily2000 View Post
    I have no issues with any other app on my evo.. I updated to Android 2.2 Froyo yesterday. It runs great. I was previously forcing my xm app to run by reinstalling it every day so I could launch the app. I did this because when the app was installed it never created a shortcut icon in the app directory. After I updated to 2.2 I went to the app directory to see if my xxm app showed up... it did not, so I re-installed it again hoping it would show up. It did not. So the new issue with the xm app will run then it will play for about 30 seconds then it will replay the same thing I just heard as though it was in a loop. I am going to try to get customer support from sirius xm.
    Yeh, I'm having the looping issue.:mad: Have you found anything out?

AND THE ANSWER IS....this app is not compatible with Froyo...yet. They are aware of the problem and are working on it

Sirius posted on their website there is an update pending. you can sign up for email notification. There is a fix posted in the meantime, involving editing the build.prop file if your running a rooted rom. Otherwise you have to wait for them to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by jak89 View Post
    Sirius posted on their website there is an update pending. you can sign up for email notification. There is a fix posted in the meantime, involving editing the build.prop file if your running a rooted rom. Otherwise you have to wait for them to catch up.

ok help us out with more info about the fix

Purchase and install root explorer
    Use root explorer to edit /system/build.prop
    Change the line media.stagefright.enable-player=true
    to media.stagefright.enable-player=false
    Reboot

Remember this fix is for people running froyo threw root It affects Sirius as well as other streaming music apps like Pandora, etc.

The problem has been identified as being caused by a new multimedia decoder in 2.2 called "Stagefright". Someone discovered that if you disable Stagefright, the phone will use the older decoder and the Sirius looping/skipping problems go away.

Unfortunately doing this requires root access, as a system file (build.prop) needs to be modified.

Sirius XM has not stepped up to fix the app, so I went ahead and downloaded Wunder Radio, (not sure who posted this as a solution... thanks), its not perfect, it works good enough to get me on XM without rooting my EVO... Could not go another week without my XM.

Xm sirius looping issue resolved

The new version of the SiriusXm app on Android has been released. This version fixes the looping issue on Android 2.2 SiriusXM has an update that fixes the looping issue on Android 2.2 (Froyo)

I wish Sirius XM could get some one to really get things right... now I cant log on to the app at all after updating it... they fixed the loop but now I have nothing... great job, 2 months fixed nothing. plus now my wunder radio stopped working too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links