calling 911 crashes my HTC evo 4G, every time

This is a discussion on calling 911 crashes my HTC evo 4G, every time within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I happen to need to call 911 one night, found that my phone crashes every time I dial 911. my wife's phone does not do ...

Thread: calling 911 crashes my HTC evo 4G, every time

Unhappy calling 911 crashes my HTC evo 4G, every time

I happen to need to call 911 one night, found that my phone crashes every time I dial 911.

my wife's phone does not do that, any thought?

thanks,

heartboken

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Unhappy

oh, resetting it will fix it, but as soon as I install any app, it will happen again, here is a list of apps I installed:

flightView Free flight tracker
    TV Guide Mobile
    Google Maps
    yahoo! Mail for android
    Maildroid
    Gomoku
    On the go
    Memory game for kids
    Lookout Mobile security
    WUSA Radar
    Connect4
    Bible chinese bible
    google translate
    google pinyin IME

I searched around, found some disscussion about similar problem with GPS bug, but that was a long time ago on other android phone.

anybody has same problem?

by the way, it is hard to test this problem due to the sensitivity of calling 911 repeatedly.

heartbroken

Heartbroken/ 911crashes
    I had same behavior from my EVO this past week. Tried 911 two times for a non emergency police need, phone showed the emergency red screen , then re-booted. First time was on bluetooth connect to my vehicle, second time was just handset not connected to bluetooth, same result.
    I eventually called the police on a direct dial land line, reporting a break-in.
    The next day I tried 911 again as a test, same behavior, red screen emergency then re-booted.
    Today (Sunday 8-1) I dialed 811, a special service for locating underground utilities, call connected and worked great. I also dialed 511 another special service for traffic reports in the State of GA., same results worked fine.

The I tried 911 again, well the same red screen showed up and it connected. I immediately hung up after one ring, the 911 service called me back in 20 seconds , asking if there was an emergency, of course I had to explain, why I did not let the call connect.

So my phone's behavior is the same as yours, but I have no way to explain what is different today and why 911 went through?

Anyone else have this happen?

Sounds like this NEEDS to be reported to Sprint. 911 should be the one thing that DOES work on the phone. Did any of you report this to Sprint?

Yea have Sprint check it out because no one is gonna try 911 for you. Phones i've had in the past Even when they are not activated still have access to 911.

I just used 911 a few days ago with no problems. I would check with HTC or Sprint.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links