Froyo 2.2 UI question. (htc evo 4g)

This is a discussion on Froyo 2.2 UI question. (htc evo 4g) within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I saw a number of screen shots showing off the new Froyo 2.2 system. And as pretty much everyone knows 2.2 was released today... My ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Froyo 2.2 UI question. (htc evo 4g)

Question Froyo 2.2 UI question. (htc evo 4g)

I saw a number of screen shots showing off the new Froyo 2.2 system. And as pretty much everyone knows 2.2 was released today...

My question is did Froyo 2.2 come with drawers, or docks like in the LauncherPro app as most of these screen shots were showing?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The UI on the Evo will be the same with 2.2 as it was with 2.1. Even though we did get Froyo, it is still overlaid with HTC's SenseUI.

If you want your evo to look more like stock Froyo, I recommend installing LauncherPro. It will allow you to customize your dock to make it look almost identical to Froyo.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    The UI on the Evo will be the same with 2.2 as it was with 2.1. Even though we did get Froyo, it is still overlaid with HTC's SenseUI.

If you want your evo to look more like stock Froyo, I recommend installing LauncherPro. It will allow you to customize your dock to make it look almost identical to Froyo.
    Ok cool thanks for the heads up. Yeah I was running launcher pro for awhile until this 2.2 update. Its an awesome mod, one of the best, but the only problem I had with it was it doesn't support most of the factory widgets which in many cases are the best around. Allot of the widgets are tailored specifically for the HTC 4G. Guess I'll keep looking.

For those of you who have not yet received the FroYo update - you can still watch Flash videos on your android device by downloading Skyfire Mobile Browser

Skyfire won't do any more than the regular Google browser that comes with Android. It won't display certain live streams that have been encoded with H.264, for example. The only place Skyfire gets you anything that I've seen is on Windows Mobile, where IE's support of Flash is abysmal.

Get Froyo and get real Flash, animated GIFs, and more.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

All the widgets that you lose by not using sense have comparable widgets in the market. I use Beautiful Widgets for my home screen, SwitchPro for all my toggles, Visual Bookmarks, and if you get the paid version of LauncherPro you get a people widget, calendar, and bookmarks that are very similar to the ones that come with Sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    All the widgets that you lose by not using sense have comparable widgets in the market. I use Beautiful Widgets for my home screen, SwitchPro for all my toggles, Visual Bookmarks, and if you get the paid version of LauncherPro you get a people widget, calendar, and bookmarks that are very similar to the ones that come with Sense.
    Nice thanks again. I have Weather & toggle, and Beautifully widgets, but I didn't know about switch pro. This is perfect. I guess switching back to LP again won't be so painful.

It's too bad too. Sense rely is my favoret UI but the way it manages everything as a whole is poor. The 2 side buttons ends up being kind of a waist of space... That and some drawers would have been nice.

Anyone Can give me an answer to this Question....After installing the 2.2 update from Sprint, Was anyone able to successfully pair a Wiimote and play their NES roms on their phone? Im dying to know if this is working yet....

I read there is an iTune streaming or sync capability in 2.2 I have not found anything in my 2.2 that would indicate that. Wishful tease or is there something I am missing?

That was one of the announced features of 2.2 but it has not been implemented yet. Another feature I'm waiting for is the PC based market with one click OTA installs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links