haha... so funny thing... anyway, need some help.

This is a discussion on haha... so funny thing... anyway, need some help. within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; So.... funny thing. I fell asleep with my phone in my pocket last night... got up took it out of my pocket and the phone ...

Thread: haha... so funny thing... anyway, need some help.

haha... so funny thing... anyway, need some help.

So.... funny thing. I fell asleep with my phone in my pocket last night... got up took it out of my pocket and the phone was reset to stock. I was a bit freaked out.

Anyway... I am slowly getting all the things back on it that I had. But I have a few questions.

What magical button combo must I have done to reset it?

How do make a better backup of all my stuff (including my settings) so that if this happens again I can restore it quickly?

I did a backup of my apps using Astro a while back, so I was able to resort a lot of my apps that way... but once I DO restore it, the Market has no idea that I have the app, so I still had to manually download and install each app so that it would update. How can I get the Market to keep a history of what I have installed?

I bought a game from Gameloft... I wonder if they have a history of that and I can download it again for free? I really hate that they are not on the Market.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Cp if you haven't yet check your gmail account, all your purchased apps are kept in your google account. Second, Astro, Mybackup, and better yet Appbrain are all good back up apps but their only as good as your last back-up. So set up a scheduled back up (i do once a week) that way you are only out what you have done in the last several days.

Jak89 has good suggestions. Unfortunately some Apps and games hide themselves so they cannot be copied. They hope to reduce piracy that way.

Unfortunately it makes them impossible to backup unless you root your phone.

The keys to reset the phone would be very difficult to accidentally press. Especially since you have to also approve the reset. I suspect that it is more likely you overheated the phone somehow, though that seems unlikely as well.

--
    Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Agreed with Jak. Between backing your contacts up with gmail and using appbrain, you are pretty much good to go. If you use launcherpro you can even back up your home screen layout and settings.

I have no clue why your phone spontaneously reset itself. That's odd.

Perhaps you got the .6 update automatically and that reset everything. I don't know if you can set Android to auto update, but with some apps you can.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

I didn't do the .6 update but it was my understanding that it doesn't do a factory reset? I could be wrong though.

No, right on the money MH i did do the .6 and all my settings remained the same. Side note: the .6 update has improved my battery life more then 1.47 update

I have a few questions for you, is the phone completely stock? Unrooted? Any root apps installed?

I tend to agree, that it would be very hard to hit a group of keys to wipe a phone, by accident. To do so without trying, would be almost impossible. The best way to keep everything on your phone backed up so its very easy to restore is using a nandroid backup. Its a complete copy of your phone, and restores everything.

the .6 update didn't affect my settings either. I was just trying to think of a scenario that COULD have done it, if the update did not go as it was supposed to.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

The phone was stock... had the 2.2 update over the air so didn't get a .6 update.

I have no idea why it reset itself either.... however, I will say that it seems a lot zippier since it reset itself. I have a feeling that resetting your phone could be advisable after an update.... now I am just out of my you know what, as I have no other evidence of this besides the fact that my phone seems more responsive. I am, however, concerned that it did reset itself and would love to know how it could possibly do this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links