REAL profile manager??

This is a discussion on REAL profile manager?? within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Is there not a developer out there who understands that people that used to be Blackberry users have become spoiled by the "native" profile manager ...

Thread: REAL profile manager??

REAL profile manager??

Is there not a developer out there who understands that people that used to be Blackberry users have become spoiled by the "native" profile manager for BB? I have figured out that currently, there is no profile manager out there for EVO that will allow me to be as complex with my profiles as BB did. For my "noise" profile, each of my emails had a different sound, there was a sound for facebook, a sound for SMS, and one for MMS, and of course, one for BBM. My "work" profile had sounds just for BBM and SMS that were completely different than the sounds they made in the "noise" profile. :confused:

Am I asking for too much?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There are some apps that can help switch profiles, but the big problem is that the Android OS simply does not support the granularity of notifications the BB has. The application developers have to put in the granularity themselves, which they don't seem to be inclined to do.

It is one of the things I've learned to live without on the EVO 4G. What I really wish I had is shortcut expansion while typing. Although Swype and SwiftKey keyboards are really good.

--
    Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Do you have any suggestions for anything that comes close? I'm currently using the trial version of Profile Weaver and the price isn't bad for the "pro" version but I can't see myself paying if it won't do all that I need it to.

Quote Originally Posted by sexygyrl View Post
    Do you have any suggestions for anything that comes close? I'm currently using the trial version of Profile Weaver and the price isn't bad for the "pro" version but I can't see myself paying if it won't do all that I need it to.
    Can you post a link to Profile Weaver? I can't find it on AndroLib or AppBrain.

Nevermind, I think you meant PhoneWeaver. It's SBSH's port from WM.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links