Android App's vs IPhone app's

This is a discussion on Android App's vs IPhone app's within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I dumped my 3Gs for the HTC EVO mostly because AT&Ts coverage left a lot to be desired. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I ...

Thread: Android App's vs IPhone app's

Android App's vs IPhone app's

I dumped my 3Gs for the HTC EVO mostly because AT&Ts coverage left a lot to be desired. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I did. Sprints 4G network and call coverage is much better in my area then AT&Ts. The HTC EVO is an incredible phone that I have customized to fit me and my needs, something I couldn't do with my IPhone.(this lack of customization is by far the biggest negative with the IPhone)
    Now to my query. Is there anyone who would argue that IPhones app's aren't superior to android app's both in quality and quantity?
    This has been the only disappointment with my android experience to date.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

aaaaaa no there is no question that apple has much, much more apps but the android market is growing fast.

I guess I'm as disappointed with the time I've wasted on "junk" apps as anything else. I guess apples lock down on what gets in to their app store does have at least one positive.

I think right now Apple has more quality apps and the apps that exist on both platforms tend to be more polished on the iPhone. I think the ONLY thing that the iPhone one-ups us with is their market, but it won't be long before we surpass them with ours. Keep in mind, the iPhone had an almost 2 year head start on Android, so just give it time.

Simple solutions for me, EVO 4G for the phone, iPad for terrific Apps.
    I got the WiFi only iPad since I am near a wireless network most of the day, and I can use the EVO 4G for tethering when I need to.

I have an old second generation iPod Touch which is showing its age, but ordered a new iPod Nano for Audible books while in the car. The new Nano has so many great features including a pedometer for my daily walks.

Didn't mean to make this an Apple ad, but I am one of those who believe in using the best device for the job.

--
    Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tvat64 View Post
    I guess I'm as disappointed with the time I've wasted on "junk" apps as anything else. I guess apples lock down on what gets in to their app store does have at least one positive.
    That's why we have SprintDroids-- to review the apps and post about the useful ones and not so useful ones.

If I need an app for something, I install the highest rated 2 or 3 apps and try each one. I usually find one that does what I need, and uninstall all the rest. Takes maybe an hour.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

I always look at the user ratings and the download count before I install an app. That also says we ech should really take the time to rate the apps we've DL'd. As pointed out, the Droid market is growing rapidly, and the "junk" apps will get weeded out. I think Apple's "walled garden" approach will eventually be it's downfall.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links