google voice search

This is a discussion on google voice search within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; According to the video that accompanies the new version of google search, it says that I can text msg and email and call by speaking. ...

Thread: google voice search

google voice search

According to the video that accompanies the new version of google search, it says that I can text msg and email and call by speaking. It doesn't seem to work for me.

It doesn't recognize phone contacts. When I try to do a text msg or email, it doesn't populate the "to" field.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the app as crappy as it seems to be? Are there some settings that I should be adjusting?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

When I text or compose an email, I hit the microphone button on the keyboard and speak. That part works well but I haven't tried to do any other voice stuff yet.

How do you trigger voice recognition? Do you tap the "To" field and then hit the microphone button when the keyboard pops up?

EDIT: I tried the voice dialer; that does suck. I said "dial laurie" and it asked if i wanted to open linpack for android. :rolleyes:
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

I CAN do it that way, but according to the vid, out looks & sounds like you should be able to say "text Dave, I'm running late" and the full message should come up with Dave's contact info the"to" field. Or am I misunderstanding?

When I do it, "Dave, I'm running late" shows up in the message box" I don't know how the system is supposed to differentiate, mind you, but out sounds like it should, from the vid.

And btw, are there ANY decent voice dialers for the Evo?

Sent from my Evo via Tapatalk

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links