Google has just admitted to spying and stealing private information from millions.

This is a discussion on Google has just admitted to spying and stealing private information from millions. within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Google has just admitted to spying and stealing private information from millions of Britons. WHY IS SPRINT ASSOCIATED WITH GOOGLE? It has been under investigation ...

Thread: Google has just admitted to spying and stealing private information from millions.

Google has just admitted to spying and stealing private information from millions.

Google has just admitted to spying and stealing private information from millions of Britons.

WHY IS SPRINT ASSOCIATED WITH GOOGLE? It has been under investigation in Britain. It has been caught, red handed. Its photo cars do not just have cameras on them. These google rats have wireless scanners that steal emails, lists, passwords, files, etc. as they cruise through a community. Don't believe it, then here's a link:

Google used Street View cars to take emails and passwords in privacy breach | Mail Online

I have a Sprint HTC Evo, and am removing my contacts from the google site. This means that I won't be able to back up, sync, my contacts with google. Again, WHY IS SPRINT ASSOCIATED WITH GOOGLE? Google is stealing their customer's information, and selling it. WHY IS SPRINT ASSOCIATED WITH GOOGLE ? This is too, too slimy. For what its worth, I expressed my sentiments to Sprint in an email. I wonder if Sprint even cares.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

I have recently learned that many forums are "google centric". That is the term that was used. I did not even know that this classification existed. I was under the impression that the forums were open, and were not serving an enterprise. Apparently, this is not always the case.

Someone tell me.

Is this a "google centric" forum--connected to google by an ethos, or sponsorship, or something that makes this forum a sort of google affiliate.

If it is, then someone let me know, and I will not continue with this topic on this forum.

The first, and most important, thing to note about this is that the Google scanning only captured information from wireless connections that were not password protected. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who runs an unsecured wireless network is openly inviting anyone and everyone to access their network and everything connected to it.

As to the security of personal information on any mobile device (other than some very special, secure, blackberry's), I would never put anything that is truly secure or private on my phone (like bank account access/password, etc.). That applies to any platform, not just those associated with Google/Android.

It seems very very very simple to me. Google is an advertising company. Not a software or hardware company. They have become the most powerful company in the world by doing very very small ads... way smaller then most. What makes them special? They become better and better at knowing what you are looking for.

They make great online tools and now hardware. Good enough that you will want to use it all the time. The only reason they do this is to know more about you. They tell you this as you sign up.

They want you to use Gmail so that they can read your gmail. Same with google talk. I was discussing some software with a buddy of mine over google talk and an ad for that exact software came up very quietly on the side.

Your phone is even more so. They know who you are calling, what you are doing, where you are, what pictures you took.... Yes... they know everything. They even have great facial recognition software for your Picasa photos so that they can find all your friends and where they were at some point in time (thanks to the geo tagging).

All sounds pretty scary huh?

Well to be honest... I don't care... I try to be careful enough not to put silly or bad stuff online which can hurt me... otherwise, I gave up caring about what google knows about me.

If you think THAT is scary... there is only one company that has the potential to take Google down because they know WAY WAY more about you.... and that is Facebook. Trust me... they just started their first search engine which is the first shot across the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    The first, and most important, thing to note about this is that the Google scanning only captured information from wireless connections that were not password protected. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who runs an unsecured wireless network is openly inviting anyone and everyone to access their network and everything connected to it.

As to the security of personal information on any mobile device (other than some very special, secure, blackberry's), I would never put anything that is truly secure or private on my phone (like bank account access/password, etc.). That applies to any platform, not just those associated with Google/Android.
    They actually admitted to collecting passwords also.
    Due to this privacy issue with android if windows phone 7 proves to be a good os I will be switching back to windows. I don't mind people having my phone numbers and contacts but they have access to alot of information that they don't need and it has me concerned.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
    Get 1 Free!
    http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

Microsoft, Ask.com and Yahoo have all been involved with issues like this in the past. As a matter of fact, Windows 95 gave anyone with basic Windows knowledge access to your computer. Sure, Google screwed up, but Android on Sprint is to Google as a NASCAR is to one of the automakers.

Good luck when they find MS collecting user data on WP7!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    They actually admitted to collecting passwords also.
    Yes, but not passwords to your network. If you had an unsecure wifi and they happened to capture a block of data from it, then it is possible that they captured some password you were using (for a bank, forum, website, who knows what). But not the password to your access point.

In other words, as they drove around if they found unsecure wireless data their system captured some small block of data from it. Within that block of data could have been anything you were doing on-line at that exact moment.

This issue got blown out of proportion. They were scanning for hotspots so they could tell people where to find free WiFi access. Unfortunately in the process of doing that they collected data, primarily because people have no security on their networks.

Google should not have collected the data and has admitted as much. The matter is closed.

Except, those folks with open WiFi networks probably didn't learn the lesson, and in this case ignorance is not bliss.
    --
    Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Ads