AVI Files

This is a discussion on AVI Files within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I just got my Evo, and can't put it down. Most of my questions have been answered on here, thanks, you guys rock. I have ...

Thread: AVI Files

AVI Files

I just got my Evo, and can't put it down. Most of my questions have been answered on here, thanks, you guys rock. I have a question I can't find the answer to, though.
    I have the series Generation Kill on my laptop, they are in .avi format. I tried to load them onto my 32 gig microSD so I could watch them on the plane on my Evo...however apparently the Evo doesn't support .avi as the files don't show up. All the other files on the card (music and pictures) all show up, which I why I think it is an unsupported format.
    Does anyone know an app or a way to make them playable on the Evo?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just look for a simple video converter I would think you should find one very easily.
    Cedric Cyrus
    Saint Paul, MN
    Evo 4G, I HATE APPLE!

RockPlayer is exactly the app you are looking for... Plays AVI, MP4 and most other movie files, no conversion needed... I think it's $5 in the market, but worth every penny!

@ Waazz - thanks, I'll have to try that! I DL'ed a prog called Handlebar and it converts them to MP4 then I just transfer them to my microSD card on my Evo...works well but takes a while to convert them, your way sounds easier

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links