EVO Voicemail App doesn't show any voice messages waiting

This is a discussion on EVO Voicemail App doesn't show any voice messages waiting within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; The "Voicemail" app that comes with my EVO doesn't show any messages waiting when there are messages out there -- even from several days ago. ...

Thread: EVO Voicemail App doesn't show any voice messages waiting

EVO Voicemail App doesn't show any voice messages waiting

The "Voicemail" app that comes with my EVO doesn't show any messages waiting when there are messages out there -- even from several days ago. One guess I have to the issue is that when I look under "Settings" the information "About Phone" and "Phone Identity" I see that the "Phone Number" entry is not the current, correct phone number. Shortly after I starting using the phone my phone number for the EVO changed but this entry never changed. My guess is that the "Voicemail" app uses this "Phone Number" entry to see if there are any messages waiting. Two questions: Do you think my guess is correct as to why the "Voicemail" app doesn't tell me I have voicemail messages waiting? How can I change the "Phone Number" entry under "Phone Identity" to be the correct number?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

My guess is that that is something that Sprint would have to program for you. I would take the phone in and raise this issue with them. Changing the phone number is not something the average user should be able to do, or you could hop on someone else's number and listen to their voice mail.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

try this

dude im not sure i used to have the same problem i hope this works...

open dial screen
    dial
    ##293825#
    window pops up
    view mode & edit mode
    click edit mode
    then click directory number
    input your number
    then ok
    it will bring you back to the input number menu
    click menu button of your evo
    click on commit modification
    press ok
    and press ok to restart your phone automatically it should work properly i hope...
    goodluck

Partial Success

lirstyke,

Thank you for the information.

I have had success, but I'm scratching my head as to how it happened.

On issue 1) voice messages are now "posting" on my phone. I was able to accomplish this (I think) by accident by going to "settings", then "system updates" and then "update profile". It took a couple of minutes for the update profile to run but right after it completed, voice mail messages began to post to my voicemail app. So that is good news. I should note that I did this after following your advice on issue 2 as noted below.

On issue 2) changing the "phone number" under "phone identity", I tried what you suggested but no window opened up after keying in the MSL number (I've learned from another forum that is the name of the number you provided). With no "window open" there were no prompts to take 'edit mode" -- basically nothing happened. I have a call into Sprint to see if the MSL number is unique to each phone.

Here is similar advice to yours that I found on another forum:

"Call Sprint and they'll be able to reprogram the phone. It's fairly simple and they shouldn't have an issue doing it. They'll give you your MSL code (6-digit number) to do this, so I'd recommend writing it down and saving it. You never know when you may need it in the future. Usually this happens (and it actually happens often) if you've been assigned a temporary number while your number is ported in, or if you upgraded on one line and had the phone moved to an alternate line."

Because I didn't get a window (and wasn't prompted to edit the phone number field) after keying in the # signs and number you suggested, I think what you suggested didn't work, but maybe it did in some way set up my phone for the "update profile" which is something I tried on a whim afterward.

When I looked at the "phone number" under "phone identity" right after the voice messages started to come in, it hadn't changed. When I looked at it again just now, about three hours later, the "phone number" under "phone identity" has changed and is now correct.

It looks like what worked will remain somewhat of a mystery. I do appreciate your response. It seems like it was on target.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links