Software Update

This is a discussion on Software Update within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Has anyone checked out the new software update on the home page? It says it has some new apps, BlockBuster and has Swype...but wondered what ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software Update

Software Update

Has anyone checked out the new software update on the home page? It says it has some new apps, BlockBuster and has Swype...but wondered what else it comes with and if it's worth updating to now or waiting til I have to.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I didn't download the offical update, but I did download a ROM that includes the update. The big additions are Swype and Blockbuster. The Blockbuster app will allow you to download movies to your phone. Sadly no streamin. Swype works fine and better than the Beta I was running. The other updates are just updates to the Sprint Apps. Too me they look the same. Oh and also there is a preload demo of a game. I'd say download it when it comes available, but I wouldn't go outta my way to get it.

What's the cost on the BB downloads?

It varies a lot on the pricing. You can check on their website as well and get an idea of the pricing. I saw as low as a $1.99 up to $14.99 for a new release.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorKillin View Post
    It varies a lot on the pricing. You can check on their website as well and get an idea of the pricing. I saw as low as a $1.99 up to $14.99 for a new release.
    1.99 to 3.99 maybe, but 14.99? No wonder they filed for bankruptcy protection. This update is not worth it. Especially for those of us who are rooted. I will wait for unrevoked to work for this ota or wait for gingerbread.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
    http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

It crashes my Unrevoked EVO :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by wbpo5l View Post
    It crashes my Unrevoked EVO :confused:
    I've heard from many in this forum that the update on an unrevoked phone will not work. You'll get the little android guy with exclamation mark. You'll have to install it directly and if you do it will work but you'll lose root. So think twice before you try it. Just remember that unrevoked is getting closer to getting it to work. Unrevoked tweeted this today "unrevoked: By the way -- we have read every single one of your responses. Thanks -- keep them coming! And yes, we are working hard on the 3.70 OTA."
    So just wait a little longer and we won't have to worry anymore about sprint trying to block an os that is suppose to be open. Cheers sprint!

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
    http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

I would recommend just downloading a ROM with the OTA included. There are several out there already. I had to do the same. I tried to manually install the update and it failed as well. As far as root, there is an automated script out there that works on all EVOs.

Here's the link.
    [ROOT] ~~~ HTC EVO - Universal Auto Root ~~~ (updated for 2.02)(12/15/10) - xda-developers

I will wait for unrevoked. This update isn't that big to mess with a manual root.

Probably a wise choice. I've heard there is a build of unrevoked out there. They claim it works, but it hasn't been released yet.

Here's the link.
    [S-OFF] Unrevoked Forever for radio 2.15.00.11.19 - xda-developers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links