Question

This is a discussion on Question within the HTC EVO Shift forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I recently purchased an Evo Shift and ever since I turned it on there is a display on the top menu bar of my computer ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Question

I recently purchased an Evo Shift and ever since I turned it on there is a display on the top menu bar of my computer (Imac) which looks like it's displaying some sort of bit rate. It has 0/Bs in red on the top and 0/Bs in green below it with and up arrow next to the red letters and a down arrow next to the green letters. My blue tooth and WiFi are turned off so I have no idea what this could be. Does anyone have a clue?

Bill

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sounds like iStat... do you have that installed?

I'm curious, why do you think this has anything to do with your Shift?

I don't have iStat installed and I thought it was my Evo Shift because I first noticed it when I turned on my Shift. However, I've since turned off my Shift and the bit-rate display remains so it must be something else? It's the only display that doesn't identify itself when I run my mouse curser over it. So it's still a mystery? The bit rates go from zero as high as the 200 bits per second and change. At least I think it's bits per second B/s? But it would appear that my Evo Shift is not the culprit.

I just went through all the menu extras on my macbook and didnt see anything that looks like what what you described. What version of OS X are you on? What happens when you click on it?

And I'm still a little confused... when you say it happened when you turned on your Shift what exactly do you mean? Did you see it when you connected the Shift to the mac or did you literally just turn the phone on and then notice it?

Unhappy To get these apps off my phone

I need help to take off the purchased thing that i bought at the app market somehow the have made it impossible for me to download anything to my epic 4g and i cant even start to tell how many times i have tryed to its not the money but just to get these apps off my phone so that maybe my market might work any thing or any one please give me some help and they wont download either or let me download anything

I have Mac OSX 10.6.6 Snow Leopard. When I first got the phone after activating it and fully charging it I brought it into the room where our computer is and turned it on. That's when I looked up and noticed the bit rate display on the top of my menu. The reason I noticed it is because every other menu item is in black but the bit rate display in in red and green. It suppose it could have been there before and I didn't notice it? When I click on it with my track pad nothing happens. All the other items have a drop down menu like time machine, airport. open DNS etc.

I've solved the mystery via google. See below.

What you have would appear to be the VirusBarrier menubar display, assuming you have VirusBarrier installed. It appeared with the most recent update.

To remove it, go to VirusBarrier Preferences>Traffic and uncheck 'Display network traffic in menu bar'.

24 inch iMac (10.6.4), 13 inch Macbook Pro (10.6.6) 20 inch G4 iMac (10.4.11), Asus 'eee' (Linux), G3 Beige desktop Mac (8.6)

Ahh so it was a 3rd party program. Glad you figured it out! Does that AV software ever find anything on your mac? I recently made the switch from Windows to Mac and was under the impression that I didn't really need to worry about AV software.

I need help to take off the purchased thing that i bought at the app market somehow the have made it impossible for me to download anything to my epic 4g and i cant even start to tell how many times i have tryed to its not the money but just to get these apps off my phone so that maybe my market might work any thing or any one please give me some help and they wont download either or let me download anything
    Yesterday 11:12 AM
    To answer your question, you can delete the apps by going into menu>settings>applications>manage applications and then find what you want to delete, click on it and then choose uninstall. What app do you think caused your problem? Chances are it's not an app, the market just gets messed up from time to time. One thing you should try to get your market working again is signing in to google talk. It's in your applications drawer, called "Talk". Open it up, it should automatically sign you in, and then try and download something from the market. That works for me 100% of the time when I'm having issues downloading from the market.

Try next time not to post a question like this in a thread that deals with something unrelated. Either search the forum for a thread that covers your question or if there is none, then post a new one. It helps keep the forum organized and helps other people who have a similar issue to find the answers too.

I switched from PC to Mac in 2008 and have never found a virus. I bought my son a mac a year or two before my wife and I got ours and just recently one of the AV software companies offered a free AV for a personal computer. I convinced him to install it and it and it found nothing. So he uninstalled it. I use one because eventually as the Mac's get more popular it will probably attract more and more hackers. I also use a program called MacScan. It hasn't found any spyware but lots of tracking cookies. I run it every morning. Sometimes it finds nothing but usually it finds 8 to 10 or more each day and removes them.

Good to know, thanks a bunch for the info. I am loving this mac, I can't even use my Windows computer anymore. I get too frustrated with it haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links