EVO Shift Not sending MMS

This is a discussion on EVO Shift Not sending MMS within the HTC EVO Shift forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Hello all. New to the forums! I've had an EVO Shift since February, and I love the phone. The only problem I have is that ...

Thread: EVO Shift Not sending MMS

EVO Shift Not sending MMS

Hello all. New to the forums!

I've had an EVO Shift since February, and I love the phone. The only problem I have is that 95% of the time, I can't send MMS over ANY app.

I can receive them fine, but if I try sending an MMS on the stock Messaging app, Handcent SMS, or try attaching a photo to a tweet with Peep, FriendStream, or Seesmic, it just loads indefinetely. I've tried this on full 3G, 4G, and Wifi signal.

You can imagine how frustrating this is. I've tried clearing all the data from those apps with, power cycling, etc. but it doesn't work. I even spent 2 hours with Sprint Tech support, where he tried refreshing my data services, even had me completely reprogram the MSID and MDN, with no avail.

Does anyone else have this issue with this device? or is it just me?

BTW, i'm in the Cleveland area. Sprint said there was a 'data outage' in the area for "third party websites and apps", but I've been able to download and use apps and get online no problem.

Thanks for the insight! Worse comes to worse I could replace the phone, but I'd hate to have to recustomize everything

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm experiencing the exact same thing...beyond frustrated.

It's a network issue, for some reasons A number does not register properly with the netwoek and MMS fails (techs will refresh the data msid/mdn ect on the phone in an attempt to fix because mms is over the internet). I've seen the issue several times with many different androids and blackberry.... unfortunately when it occurs, even when switching to a new device the issue is not resolved on occasion.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links