Gingerbread Made Me Hate My Shift, Sprint, and Google!

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Made Me Hate My Shift, Sprint, and Google! within the HTC EVO Shift forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I was perfectly content with my EVO Shift, then 1 day an upgrade to Gingerbread, cool! NOT! Ever since nothing but headache, nothing works like ...

Thread: Gingerbread Made Me Hate My Shift, Sprint, and Google!

Gingerbread Made Me Hate My Shift, Sprint, and Google!

I was perfectly content with my EVO Shift, then 1 day an upgrade to Gingerbread, cool! NOT!

Ever since nothing but headache, nothing works like it used to. Finally get SOME of the quirkiness to subside, but the 1st thing I really can't stand is THE PHONE CONSTANTLY RESETS when returning to home (almost like a warm boot). 2nd and the reason I REALLY HATE SPRINT, HTC, and GOOGLE is I believe from the constant rebooting (almost like a crash) MY MICRO SD CARD GOT BRICKED!!! Granted EVERYONE should make regular backups or upload to a service, but I just learned a VERY hard lesson because some pretty spectacular moments I got on my camera phone are gone FOREVER!

So, if anyone can learn from my tragedy, if you take a photo or have ANYTHING you think you can't do without, get it off your phone IMMEDIATELY.

From reading forums around the internet, many people are blaming battery savers, rooting, crazy apps, etc... I have none of that! Just a stock EVO Shift with a few apps like EBay, Pandora, Rhapsody, etc...

Anyone else share my frustration or having issues with the Gingerbread update on the Shift?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've been having the same exact problem since the upgrade. Very VERY annoying. I keep checking the various software updates in my settings, figuring a patch/fix is coming. I don't understand how they haven't fixed this already.

ETA: I've just read that doing a hard reset (to factory defaults) has fixed this problem for some people. Obviously you might want to backup anything you want to keep to your SD card. Here is a link to a discussion w/ instructions for the hard reset. I'm going to try this in a little while...

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/56933

If anyone else tries this and it works, please post! Thanks.

I did the hard reset & it does seem to have fixed most problems, but I had to do it twice, so I wouldnít add a bunch of stuff till you know itís working correctly. The only issues Iím still having are: (and Iím assuming these are due to the update as they were not an issue before)
    Anyone know what happened to the option to leave a copy of the email on the server? In email, it used to be under settings, send & receive, then one of the boxes you could check was: Leave a copy on the server'. Iím not real savvy about this stuff, but my email on the phone is IMAP and POP on the laptop??
    Another issue Iím having since the update is, it takes a VERY long time for emails to download to my computer. I have 4 from early this morning that are on my phone but still havenít shown up on my computer. Three of them were received on the phone 3 + hours ago. I use Outlook on my laptop, if that helps.
    :confused:

Thanx

Leslie

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links