This is a discussion on Recommendation within the HTC G2 forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I just want some recommendation as what to do with my broken HTC G2. My G2's screen is black/blank. I do hear it boot up ...

Thread: Recommendation

I just want some recommendation as what to do with my broken HTC G2. My G2's screen is black/blank. I do hear it boot up all the way. The backlight, home/back and the rest of the buttons seem to work fine. I'm not sure if it is the screen or something internal like the cable. It is way out of warranty and insurance does not cover it. In fact, I got a new phone months ago and was wondering if there is anything I could do with this one. Is there a way to plug it into a monitor or use it for something productive/useful? Is it worth fixing it? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

223 times
    Welcome to the forum!
    It depends on who your carrier is and which insurance they use, but I know Verizon's ins carrier Asurian covers broken screens.
    Regardless, it's going to cost you around 200 bucks to have repaired. Give or take a few bucks. It also depends how much longer you have on your current contract. You could contact your carrier and ask them if you could upgrade early, or at least have them pro rate your early termination fee so you can get a new device on contract. You can get a Galaxy S3 for next to nothing these days since the S4 is due out soon.

Whatever you decide to do, you should be able to connect your phone to your pc and remove all your important documents, pictures, music, etc.
    Good luck!

Cleveland, Ohio - the North Coast, Baby!
    519 times
    CR6 is absolutely right. I just got an AT&T S3 for $9.99 as an upgrade to my main phone line. It's an amazing phone (I got the red model) and a total steal at that price.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links