Is the task killer necessary?

This is a discussion on Is the task killer necessary? within the HTC G2 forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Ive been seeing a lot of post on other sites about no need for a task manager or taskkiller mt question is ...... is anyone ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By G2 Forum User

Thread: Is the task killer necessary?

Is the task killer necessary?

Ive been seeing a lot of post on other sites about no need for a task manager or taskkiller mt question is ...... is anyone out there not using a task killer? Im a windows mobile defector and i know on windows u had to use it all the time, but there sayin Andriod its not needed

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android 2.2 handles this automatically, and vastly different than Windows Phone OS. Unused, but active, apps are (with a very few exceptions) only drawing irrelevant amounts of battery or processing power. I suggest turning off GPS and Bluetooth, unless needed at the time. Other than that, use the battery usage info under settings>about phone>battery use to see if any of the apps you installed are using a noticeable amount of power. If you see that one in particular does, you can just go into the app menu and kill it when not needed, or close it from the app itself. I think a well written app should allow you to exit it from its' own menu, but many do not...
    tao likes this.

i stopped using taskkillers a long time ago i dont think they really did anything for me but take up space

thanks guys ya the phone runs much better and the batt. life is much longer too once i removed the taskkiller

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links