Water Damage

This is a discussion on Water Damage within the HTC G2 forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I have the rubbery case that t mobile stores sale. Today, a cup fell over and a few drops got on the case and keyboard. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Damage

Water Damage

I have the rubbery case that t mobile stores sale. Today, a cup fell over and a few drops got on the case and keyboard. I still have the clear protector over the keyboard that comes with the phone. Will I be able to tell right away if I damaged anything?? I think I'm worrying myself but just wanted everyones opinion

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
    I have the rubbery case that t mobile stores sale. Today, a cup fell over and a few drops got on the case and keyboard. I still have the clear protector over the keyboard that comes with the phone. Will I be able to tell right away if I damaged anything?? I think I'm worrying myself but just wanted everyones opinion
    if it is still working im sure its fine

The keyboard is water resistant, not water proof. If it was water, my guess is it will be OK. If you spilled root beer on it, you might have to live with some sticky keys for quite a while. BTW, how can you stand using the keyboard with the plastic still on ?

Lmfao

Unhappy Water Damage

I just got the HTC G2 w/ Google last week, my toddler spilled water on the dresser were my phone was located. When taking out the battery, noticed the sticker that turns red when phone gets wet slowly start to turn red :-(

So I left the battery out, dried off my phone (which was just a little dampened) and laid it out to dry. 5 hours later, I put my battery back in and the phone now just constantly vibrates....

anyone know of any fixes to this?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by andream426 View Post
    I just got the HTC G2 w/ Google last week, my toddler spilled water on the dresser were my phone was located. When taking out the battery, noticed the sticker that turns red when phone gets wet slowly start to turn red :-(

So I left the battery out, dried off my phone (which was just a little dampened) and laid it out to dry. 5 hours later, I put my battery back in and the phone now just constantly vibrates....

anyone know of any fixes to this?
    Get a ziplock, your phone and battery, and some rice. What you want to do is fill the bag with dry rice grains and kinda dunk your phone down in them... leave it in the rice overnight and the rice will absorb any moisture from the phone, thereby drying your phone out.

Another way is to get a hair-dryer and use that on it for 10-15 mins. Make sure that it doesn't get too hot... that will dry out your phone with a nice blast of heat.

Personally, I've never been able to brick a phone by water submersion. I had an HTC Tilt 2 that was submerged under 3ft of pond water for several hours... I took it apart, heated it slightly with the hair dryer, then dunked it in a bag of rice. Then when I put it back together it worked just like it did before.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Twitter
    wwickedd
    Yes, the rice trick has worked for many. I hope I won't ever have to find out for myself tho.

Dropped my NEW HTC Thunderbolt in water and it was totally submerged! I was told to put into a bowl of rice to try and dry it out but I wanted to take it apart but I can't seem to be able to at all. I have taken the 6 screws out that I can see. Are there othere screws that I am missing? Need help......

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    Do you have insurance ??

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Take it apart as much as you can. I wouldn't physically take it fully apart as the tiny particles in rice can get into places it shouldn't. A bag of silica is better because it doesn't have the powdery particles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links