De-T-Mobile-ify your G2?

This is a discussion on De-T-Mobile-ify your G2? within the HTC G2 forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Is there any way besides rooting to get rid of the T-Mobile component (Apps, Branding etc) aspects of the G2? Being as I am always ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By G2 Forum User

Thread: De-T-Mobile-ify your G2?

De-T-Mobile-ify your G2?

Is there any way besides rooting to get rid of the T-Mobile component (Apps, Branding etc) aspects of the G2?

Being as I am always very keen to have a carrier software-free existence, anyone have any advice on ridding ourselves of the Magenta symptoms?
    :cool:

I hope this isn't meant to be part of the Hacking forum.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You could use a Launcher like LauncherPro to hide the icons. Otherwise Rooting is probably your only option to truly remove the Bloatware.

Yeaaaah...

I'm using Launcherpro and am not having a problem with the icons, I just want to get complete control over what is on my phone and to get rid of the T-mobile app section in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Luchyres View Post
    I'm using Launcherpro and am not having a problem with the icons, I just want to get complete control over what is on my phone and to get rid of the T-mobile app section in the market.
    What exactly are you after to remove? It's a fairly vanilla Android, AFAIK, like the N1.

i will be a happy camper if i can get rid off TTS Service Extended, web2go, photobucket, t-mobile my account , and My device.

id happy to see t-mobile section removed from market too

you cant remove them yet i think with temp root the best ya can do is disable the apps.there is a article on xda on how to do it

I have tried removing and I even called t-mobile to remove the following Photobucket, My Device, Amazon MP3, Finance, My Account, Twitter. I have had no luck.

So I made a complaint to better business bureau, stating that these applications are very intrusive and I have never used these apps and they always have data on them, so I think this is some form of identity theft.

To my surprise I got a call from T-mobile president office. I spoke to a Ms. Elizabeth Towers and she told me that I can remove these application by just clicking uninstall and I told her uninstall on these apps is grayed out (I am unable to click it). She then told me to hold and she got a G2 from a fellow employee and on there phone she said she was able to click uninstall.

So her advice to me was that I should master reset my phone and it should be able to click uninstall, but I told her many G2 customers are having the same issue and it cannot be possible that we all have an defective phone. So my issue is, if this is the reason why we all have these bloat ware and cannot remove it. Then we should all call Ms. Towers and let her know that all our phones are not defective.

So here is he contact information

Elizabeth Towers
    1-877-290-6323
    ext 8016

I am sure they will fix the issue after all the calls she will be getting.
    tao likes this.

good luck with that lol

deleting photobucket

There are many people who have complained about not being able to delete photobucket, but I have done so the first day I got the phone and it deleted. No sign of it in my applications. But now that I have updated my twitter by changing my application, the original won't delete. I'm thinking about reinstalling and uninstalling. I don't know, what have you guys done?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links