T-Mobile G2 Battery?

This is a discussion on T-Mobile G2 Battery? within the HTC G2 forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; How's the battery seem to be holding up? Have you been happy with the life of it so far?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile G2 Battery?

T-Mobile G2 Battery?

How's the battery seem to be holding up? Have you been happy with the life of it so far?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The battery is holding up great. Exceptional compared to my G1. I forgot the usb cable today and after using the phone most of the day, I was only down to 40% or so. The G1 would have died within 3 hours doing what I was doing.

Battery - Day 1

From the "About Phone" -> "Battery Use" screen:

Unplugged for 18h 35m - 3% battery remaining

34% cell standby (18h 35m)
    29% phone idle (15h 47m)
    25% Android System (10m 4s)
    8% Display (2h 47m)
    4% Wi-Fi (1h 44m)

This level of information at the stock level is great; no more voodoo science about what's eating juice. Battery life should improve with a few charge cycles but I'm not sure if an entire day is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by llin View Post
    From the "About Phone" -> "Battery Use" screen:

Unplugged for 18h 35m - 3% battery remaining

34% cell standby (18h 35m)
    29% phone idle (15h 47m)
    25% Android System (10m 4s)
    8% Display (2h 47m)
    4% Wi-Fi (1h 44m)

This level of information at the stock level is great; no more voodoo science about what's eating juice. Battery life should improve with a few charge cycles but I'm not sure if an entire day is possible.
    jeez, first day battery life. how did you manage not to play with it a lot???

My first day's battery life stinked.. .probably I used it intensely.
    I don't remember what i did yesterday.. so skip
    today, I unplugged 9:30 am and i came home 10 pm with 10% battery left.
    with my Nexus One i'd already put second battery in it.

Quote Originally Posted by danDroid View Post
    How's the battery seem to be holding up? Have you been happy with the life of it so far?
    battery is awesome compared to my nexus one i can get a good 12 hours of heavy use on the G2 and still be around 30%

4 hours since I unplugged. Normal usage, battery went from 100% to 93%. Not bad at all

The battery isn't bad considering it is not a very big. I would like to buy a replacement with some added horsepower. Does anyone know if they have started selling larger batteries the same size for the G2??? Bought one for my Nexus One and really helps on those busy days on the phone.
    Thanks
    Vinny

just be carefull when you purchase bigger capacity. It doesn't always equal to longer usage. Idk why, but include me, two of my friends got burned with larger size batteries that lasts shorter.

I am impressed by the battery capacity and the facility to monitor all the aspects of what sucks how much juice from it. I usually leave bluetooth on 24/7, but only use it in the car. Now I can see exactly how much it drains the battery. It looks like it might last 2 average days for me, which is about 80 minutes talk, and moderate use of web. Even if I have to charge it nightly, it may stand up to all but the heaviest use, but it has much better battery management and capacity than the iPhone.

Well for me coming from a Blackberry the battery life on my G2 is horrendous but I've gotten it to the point where it can last about a day of regular use. My first time using it after a full charge lasted about 2 hours, 34 minutes but that was with heavy use. Now part of my problem is just having a lack of a signal at home so when the wifi calling is enabled I will just turn off the cell radio and that should help. I also learned a lot of widgets can suck life down so I basically stopped using them and the phone is far better now.

I will say that I completely love the phone and how it just WORKS and I don't think I'll ever go back to BB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links