Streaming Bluetooth Audio

This is a discussion on Streaming Bluetooth Audio within the HTC G2 forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I migrated from the G1 to G2, and have been having this problem since day 1. I use my phone to stream music to my ...

Thread: Streaming Bluetooth Audio

Streaming Bluetooth Audio

I migrated from the G1 to G2, and have been having this problem since day 1. I use my phone to stream music to my car stereo via bluetooth all the time, and with the G1 it worked flawlessly; however, the G2 music quality sounds like it's playing on an AM radio station. T-mobile tried to help for weeks, and eventually replaced the phone. Got the new one yesterday, and it sounds the same. Just to make sure, I had a friend listen and compare, and he let me know I'm not just imagining it. It sounds terrible. I love the phone, but I'm tired of switching the sim card around just to drive my car. Any help at all?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried connecting with a cord to see how the sound quality is? It would factor out the BT if the quality is still poor.

Unusual thing I should've mentioned. The audio quality is poor as well streaming internet content (e.g. Pandora, You Tube) through the stereo headphone jack. The only way to get sound quality that matches the G1 is to play an mp3 off the sd card, and plug the usb into my car stereo.

It's frustrating because I love the phone otherwise, but this is its second-most important purpose for me. I HAVE to imagine that, if this were a phone-wide issue, a bunch of other folks would be complaining. Has anyone migrated from the G1 to G2, streamed Pandora via bluetooth to a car stereo, and heard no difference in the audio quality of the 2 phones????????

Unfortunately my '07 Lexus does not stream BT audio - thru the aux in with a mini-plug cable it does sound really good, FWIW.

Is it at least in stereo? A2DP should be a standard. so unless there's some driver/code issue, it should sound as good as or even better than G1!???

Update

The issue I was having was a result of the Android OS problems with streaming files. Stagefright is apparently what decodes streaming files from Pandora, and it just doesn't do it well. Had to root the phone and disable Stagefright, and the good sound quality returned. Then, this:

Since the last os update, bluetooth audio streaming has gotten screwed up. When playing Pandora, it pauses or skips about every 15 seconds. Doesn't do it if playing through the headphones or speaker. Plus, if I just have bluetooth turned on on the phone, it doesn't do it; only after it connects to the car stereo.

Called tmo, and of course they blamed it on Pandora, threatened to kill my first-born if I root my phone again, and said Merry Christmas.

Any real help out there?

Bipolar customer service?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links