G2/Android Contact Import Issue

This is a discussion on G2/Android Contact Import Issue within the HTC G2 forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I'm new to Android, and perhaps I'm missing something here. I got the G2 today, and am very impressed so far, with one exception: It ...

Thread: G2/Android Contact Import Issue

G2/Android Contact Import Issue

I'm new to Android, and perhaps I'm missing something here.
    I got the G2 today, and am very impressed so far, with one exception:
    It will not import any of my contacts from my SIM card, only importing Facebook or Gmail contacts. While most of my friends have Facebook, they don't all have their phone numbers up on FB, nor do they all have them on Gmail. All the numbers I want to use are on my SIM card. I can go Contacts-Menu-Import/Export-Import from SIM Card- Import All; and it says it's importing SIM contacts, all 147 of them. Yet it gives me no options to display these phone numbers, if I turn off the Gmail and FB displays, it simply says that I have no contacts with phone numbers.

Now for the strange part:
    I was typing this, looking at my totally empty contacts screen, when I got a phone call and the G2 recognized it perfectly, using the name I had entered in my SIM card phone book. So the G2 is reading the SIM card correctly (I assume), but not loading those contacts to the phones' memory.
    If anyone else has encountered this or has any ideas, I'd appreciate them.
    Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

it may have loaded them on the sd card. and i dont remember how i transferred mine from the sim card that was along time ago,but you can download astro file manager to check if there on the sd card.

I finally got it figured out, it was uploading them to Gmail perfectly, but simply not displaying them because they weren't finalized or something. Anyways, it works perfectly now.
    Thanks for the quick response.
    -Kyle

no problem

Isn't it great to be able to build a killer contact list on gmail, back it up with Google Gears onto your hard drive, and know that it will probably never have to be done again? Take that, Microsoft Outlook mobile BETA!

I am currently having the same problems with my new G2. I tried importing all of my contacts from my sim card. It said they succesfully imported them, but when i go to contacts none of the contacts appear. if i get a call from one of the numbers i imported it will come up, so crearly it saved them but not in contacts. i then went to manually enter numbers into my contacts using the add contact option. this worked for about ten contacts then they started to not show up in my contacts just like it did when i imported from the sim card. ANY ADVICE ON FIXING THIS PROBLEM WOULD BE GREAT! thanks merry xmas

What I did was open up Gmail, open my contacts list, and there everything was that I'd entered onto my phone. It backs all that stuff up automatically, allowing you to make lists and such on either your phone or computer and have each keep up with the other. I'd suggest simply making sure that your contacts in Gmail reflect whats on your phone. I had to click something or other to make Gmail sync all my stuff the first time, but never after that. You may just want to try adding a contact in Gmail, and see if it doesn't sync up everything after that.

I have my G2 and am loving the phone, but I recently added a second email address I have a gmail and cannot get all my contacts to sync to the second account. Any Ideas on why it wont sync?? and yes I opened it because my old gmail account gets to much spam.... dam job hunting sites... LOL

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    It can only sync one gmail account. Move the contacts to the new gmail on your pc and then export to sd (connect your phone to pc) and then import from sd. Then give it like 30 minutes to sync

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links