Car Cradle

This is a discussion on Car Cradle within the HTC G2 forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Originally Posted by djsinco Shibby/Alpha: Thanks, but do not want one that mounts to the HVAC register, and the Droid one looks a little flimsy ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Cradle

Quote Originally Posted by djsinco View Post
    Shibby/Alpha: Thanks, but do not want one that mounts to the HVAC register, and the Droid one looks a little flimsy - let us know how it looks when you get it. Ideally, I want to mount mine on top of the steering column cover, in front of the instrument cluster. In my car it is a pebbly plastic, so a good quality suction cup will likely be fine. I don't prefer a built in, always on charger, but would like to be able to use my charger as desired... Thanks for sharing!
    Run your car's details in the ProClip site, and I think you'll find a console option...my car has 3 different mounting options, and none were HVAC solutions.

this droid x dock should be here today

hey guys the droid x car dock works pretty good also built nicely all you have to do is turn the usb port around very easy to do

Pictures, Mr Shibby ?

Quote Originally Posted by djsinco View Post
    Pictures, Mr Shibby ?
    i will get some up today it was to dark yesterday

here is a pic i had to take it with the phone the battery for my camera was dead lol

The 'droid mount looks good, I am just unwilling to attach anything to my windshield or an a/c vent. I went out today and looked at a couple of mounts. The one I saw at Car Toys looked better than the one Best Buy had. I will post the links below, anyone who has any experience or thoughts on either one please chime in.

Car Toys: Scosche IPHW9 stuckUP 4-in-1 Universal Mounting Kit - SCOSCHE - Car Toys

BB: Platinum Series - MobileDock Dash/Windshield Mount - Black - UUM10BB

This one looks pretty cool also, just saw this online: iPad, iPhone & iPod Accessories Mounts powerMOUNT - universal charging mount

I have a built in factory GPS in my Lexus, but the birds eye, 3D, and satellite view in the G2 Navigation make me want to use it... (2 GPS are better than 1)

it also comes with a piece you can mount on the dash if you want. its a circle piece with a sticky back so you can stick it down then mount the suction cup on it

I picked up a Scosche "Universal Device Mount" at my local Wal Mart today. I was skeptical, but given the easy return policy it made it easy to roll the dice. I unboxed it, and it is quite a piece of junk. It had no articulation, and only would work in portrait mode. It uses some kind of gel to keep the phone in place. Needless to say, my hunt continues. The same company makes a mount that uses the cigarette lighter socket as a mounting point. Here is the link:

Amazon.com: Scosche PowerMount Universal Charging Mount (Black): Electronics: Reviews, Prices & more

If I can get one with a similar return policy locally, I will try this also, although I am again skeptical. Has anyone found a car cradle (no window or vent mount) that is at least reasonably secure and elegant? Please help as I am on a long road trip in a few weeks time... Thanks!

The hassle-free Naztech N2000 Universal Car Dash Mount is the most convenient way to fit your electronics within reach. Adaptable with most applications, this extremely portable product uses high tech anti-skid materials to create a solid mounting base that works with any surface, while keeping your device from sliding. With its clever swivel-head, users can change between portrait and landscape position. As an added feature, the suction mount can also be attached to the windshield. Keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links