Thinking of going android--HTC G2

This is a discussion on Thinking of going android--HTC G2 within the HTC G2 forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I currently have a HTC Touch Pro 2--with a broken digitizer. While I have the parts to repair it, there are other signs that unit ...

Thread: Thinking of going android--HTC G2

Thinking of going android--HTC G2

I currently have a HTC Touch Pro 2--with a broken digitizer. While I have the parts to repair it, there are other signs that unit is going to not last much longer. And the digitizer repair is a longer than expect process.

I like slider keyboards so am thinking the G2.

Moving away from winmo isn't easy to me (though I'm not likin' what I see with winphone(y) 7), I like easy synching to outlook. (Not exchange, but I like outlook 2010.) I use the calendar, tasks, notes, etc.

I also like office 2010 and need some ability to open and change some office files.

So what say the wise ones here? G2? Wait for something "just around the corner"?

Thanks,
    Tom

(Thanks, wera for suggesting and allowing this cross post.)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    droidforums
    Hey Tom, Are you wanting to stick with TMobile or is another carrier a possibility? TMobile has the new Samsung Galaxy 4G coming out that looks impressive. The G2 is a great phone though, if it would have made it's way to Verizon.. I'd have one!

Quote Originally Posted by tibber View Post
    I currently have a HTC Touch Pro 2--with a broken digitizer. While I have the parts to repair it, there are other signs that unit is going to not last much longer. And the digitizer repair is a longer than expect process.

I like slider keyboards so am thinking the G2.

Moving away from winmo isn't easy to me (though I'm not likin' what I see with winphone(y) 7), I like easy synching to outlook. (Not exchange, but I like outlook 2010.) I use the calendar, tasks, notes, etc.

I also like office 2010 and need some ability to open and change some office files.

So what say the wise ones here? G2? Wait for something "just around the corner"?

Thanks,
    Tom

(Thanks, wera for suggesting and allowing this cross post.)

to be honest i would try to wait there are some really nice phones coming,but at the same time the G2 is a solid phone.i would stay away from samsung if i was you

T-mobile is pretty much the best choice for me. Lots of family on the various family plans, I've got a great data plan, etc. And it works very well here in the SLC area.

I've been researching and looking at the possibility of VCOrganizer (ugg, paid apps). It "looks" promising.

Would prefer if it would more easily support wired sync'ing, but I can live with how it sorta supports it.

Cheers,
    Tom

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links