Download History Help

This is a discussion on Download History Help within the HTC G2 forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; i have looked all over this here internet and i couldnt find one thing about how to erase the download history from the browser. when ...

Thread: Download History Help

Download History Help

i have looked all over this here internet and i couldnt find one thing about how to erase the download history from the browser. when i go into the download history screen it give me no options to clear my history. now i can idividually delete them but it also deletes whatever it is i downloaded. so im stuck and have no idead what to do. this is the only website i found that looks good and doesnt have a bunch of retards going "clear history on Droid". yeah no sh!t buddy too bad thats not an option. so if someone could help me i would be greatly appreciated. thanks

mike
    HTC G2

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Jr Member wikidcerealkilla's Avatar
    You should be able to, within the browser, hit menu>more>history... then hit menu again and u should see clear history

Gingerbread and Tapatalk powered HTC Aria

Thanks for the help but thats not gonna solve this problem. when im in the browser i hit menu go to downloads then when i hit menu again it just says cancell all downloads and thats it. i dont understand why this would be any different from the G1. i download music and pics and stuff and the list just keeps getting longer. if i try to earse the individual song or pic or movie itll erase the whatever from my sd card. so if anyone else can help thatll be great

Maybe if I would have read a little better I would have seen you just mean download history. My bad. I was assuming internet history cause I didn't read it right

I found an app Mobile Manager and there is a plugin for it also to delete ur history even download so you might wanna try that

I too had long been wondering this, and search results had never satisfied...

...Until one day (all done in-phone, mind you,) using a Market-acquired file manager (nearly any one should do) I simply renamed my download folder. (Just tack on a number 2 or something, it really doesn't matter.)

Upon doing this, in Browser, check downloads via "menu key>downloads" ... and at long last you should now see: "Download history is empty." If anything at all is still visible it will only be a list of those past downloads that had been *un*-successful. (...Personally my signal is spotty, so I had perhaps a dozen of these. Conceivably this next step you may not need to take.)

Easy enough... If you too had unsuccessful downloads, simply tap-hold-delete for EVERY-SINGLE-INSTANCE on the list of what remains (nothing comes too easily, I'm afraid), and you've succeeded.

Just don't forget to restore your download folder's original name using your file manager. I really don't know the consequences for failing to do this; I just play it safe.

FYI, Android Market's "Cleaner for Mobile Manager" (naturally pre-requiring the app, "Mobile Manager") calls for root access, and frankly I'm just not that savvy, which is why I attacked it with my own logic.

I hope this home-grown circumvention helps tons of folks as "OCD" as myself. ;)

Cheers,
    -Hattroid
    Last edited by hattroid; 04-14-2011 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Sympathy; Major Pruning; Sobriety

delete Downloads history files on Samsung Epic

Click Application on the home screen; then open My Files; look for the "downloads" file and you can select which files you want to drlete. Hope this helps

Android Lurker Alex_ofthe_pines's Avatar
    I Struggled To Do The Same But Found It. Manage Apps > All Apps > Download Manager > Clear Data/Cache

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links