HTC G2 With Slide Out Keyboard Will Not Power On After Replacing Flex Cable!

This is a discussion on HTC G2 With Slide Out Keyboard Will Not Power On After Replacing Flex Cable! within the HTC G2 forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Hello, i am new to the forums so i hope that i am posting this in the correct place. I currently own an HTC G2 ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CR6

Thread: HTC G2 With Slide Out Keyboard Will Not Power On After Replacing Flex Cable!

HTC G2 With Slide Out Keyboard Will Not Power On After Replacing Flex Cable!

Hello, i am new to the forums so i hope that i am posting this in the correct place. I currently own an HTC G2 (the one with slide out keyboard). It had an issue where the screen would flicker at times, and most of the time, the screen either would not come on when the power button was pressed (lights on the buttons came on) and i could hear it start up and touch still worked just couldnt see anything, or the screen would be SO DIM you could barely see a thing. After doing some swapping of parts back and forth with my girlfriends HTC G2, i found out that the problem was indeed the flex cable ribbon. I purchased the flex ribbon, recieved it last night, and followed a tutorial to swap it. After doing so, and putting the phone back together, when i push the power button to turn it on, it vibrated a bit like normal, and then just nothing. No lights no screen nothing... I am completely stumped. I have made sure i had everything plugged in, and even put her good flex ribbon and chassies on and it turned right on. Any ideas on what i have done wrong here? Is there a certain procedure one must do to swap flex ribbons successfully? Any tips or tricks? Any information would be greatly appreciated. It is not under any warranty, and was purchased used, so i must fix myself. Thanks a bunch!

Robbie!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum Robbie. Please do not post the same question in 5 different sections on the forum. Once its sufficient.
    Thank you !

tap'n

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links