Strange GChat Problem with HTC Hero

This is a discussion on Strange GChat Problem with HTC Hero within the HTC Hero forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I have a very strange problem with my HTC Hero that danDroid suggested I ask you guys about. It could be a problem with the ...

Thread: Strange GChat Problem with HTC Hero

Strange GChat Problem with HTC Hero

I have a very strange problem with my HTC Hero that danDroid suggested I ask you guys about. It could be a problem with the phone, or a setting, or gmail, or me. At any rate, here is the issue:

Originally all my Google Chat sessions (gchat) that I am not available for, get saved to my gmail, and then of course I get them as an email on my phone. This is still the case for all my gchats, except for one. With that one, now instead of being sent to my phone as an email, they show up as a text message. I don't think I changed any settings that would cause this, and I have "monkeyed" with my phone and my gmail "ad naseum", but can't seem to figure out what to do. The reason why this is a pain in the arse, is that I have my emails set to silent, but my texts are set to notify me. I do this on purpose so that I can choose when to check my email, but my texts tend to be a bit higher priority, so I want to "hear" them immediately.

Please help! I know there are some geniuses in the forums that will probably point out something small and simple to fix about this, but at this point, I don't care if I look like a fool. I just need it fixed.

Thanks,
    dgstorm

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

hi dgstorm, can you confirm what rom you are using, version of android, rooted etc

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links