HTC Hero Android 2.1 Update Guide

This is a discussion on HTC Hero Android 2.1 Update Guide within the HTC Hero forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Ready to upgrade your Hero to Android 2.1 but not sure how? Follow these quick steps.. The file can be downloaded here: Support - Article ...

Thread: HTC Hero Android 2.1 Update Guide

danDroid

HTC Hero Android 2.1 Update Guide

Ready to upgrade your Hero to Android 2.1 but not sure how? Follow these quick steps..

The file can be downloaded here: Support - Article

Warning: Installing this update will erase everything on your phone... EVERYTHING!

Here's how you can back up your data:

Before you start the download, be sure that you first back up your data. Here is how to back up your messages:

* Click the Applications tab and then push Messaging
    * Choose the text message you want to save and hard press it. Then, a menu to Forward the message will appear.

Any installed apps downloaded from the Android market must be re-installed. To download them again, you have to :

* Click on the Applications tab and then click Market
    * If required, log on with the user and password from your Google account.
    * Click My Downloads and a list of the paid applications will appear.
    * The free applications on your phone will have to downloaded manually after you update

Choose Run in the dialog box and follow the given instructions to finish the installation

* To obtain the update software, you have to go to the HTC Hero download site
    * If you don’t already have HTC Sync installed on your computer, now’s the time to get it.
    * Download the RUU ROM Update Utility and save it on your desktop
    * Run the .exe file and click Run in Windows XP (Yes in Windows 7)
    * On the Welcome Screen, make sure to read the warning message and Read Me file, then check the “I understand” box and then select Next
    * On the next screen, just follow the given steps and push the “Next” button
    * The ’Verifying information on your Android phone. A “Please wait…” message will be shown.
    * When the verification is complete, you will see present information about your Hero such as the model ID, language and image version. Now select Update.
    * The screen will give data on update. Now click Next
    * A confirmation message that you are ready to update your Hero to Android 2.1 will pop up and you’ll also see how much time it will take. Click Next to start updating to Android 2.1. It is extremely important that you do not remove the USB cable or start any other programs during the installation.
    * The update is complete when you receive the following message: “Congratulations! Your ROM update has been completed. Your Android phone is now ready for use“. select Finish to exit
    * Your Hero will restart and will then be ready for set-up

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

hey i'm new here also new to Android phones ;D
    I have a question my phone is unlocked and if i update my phone do i have to unlock it again?
    thanks, sorry for my baad english tho :D

Its informative update

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links