Htc Hero Stuck on "HTC" screen. Help Please

This is a discussion on Htc Hero Stuck on "HTC" screen. Help Please within the HTC Hero forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Hello, I have an HTC Hero flashed over to metro pcs. i did not do the flashing some one else did. my internet was not ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Htc Hero Stuck on "HTC" screen. Help Please

Htc Hero Stuck on "HTC" screen. Help Please

Hello, I have an HTC Hero flashed over to metro pcs. i did not do the flashing some one else did. my internet was not working so i decided to start messing with the recovery options. i really have no idea what i did. But now i can not boot the phone at all,it just hangs at the HTC screen. i can not even boot into recovery mode, the only thing i can do is get into the menu when you hold down the volume down button. but from their i can get to recovery mode. i am really a newb at this kind of thing and have no idea what to do.if some one can help me i would greatly appreciate it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Can you or can't you get into recovery? If you can get into recovery, I would flash a stock kernel. It's easy to do and there is a good chance that that will fix it without losing any of your data. If that doesn't work then reflash your ROM or maybe a rooted stock ROM.

If you can't get into recovery, then I would try something like running a RUU. It will load official Sprint/HTC software on it, returning it to full stock. You can always root it again, I'm pretty sure Unrevoked has an easy root out for the Hero. This method will delete all your data.

You can get the RUU here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=804692

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    Can you or can't you get into recovery? If you can get into recovery, I would flash a stock kernel. It's easy to do and there is a good chance that that will fix it without losing any of your data. If that doesn't work then reflash your ROM or maybe a rooted stock ROM.

If you can't get into recovery, then I would try something like running a RUU. It will load official Sprint/HTC software on it, returning it to full stock. You can always root it again, I'm pretty sure Unrevoked has an easy root out for the Hero. This method will delete all your data.

You can get the RUU here: [RUU] Official 2.31.651.7 in ZIP Format, Flashable from Fastboot - xda-developers
    Ok i'm sorry for being unclear and thank you for responding. Yes i can get into recovery mode, but i have no idea how to do anything other than that such as flashing kernel's. I have tried the RUU thing but when i do it, the program says that it cannot find the phone. My pc does recoginize it though because i can see the sd card in my computer. anymore help will be greatly appreciated.

u need to install htc sync in order to reflash with the ruu file by installing htc sync it will update your computer with the right drivers to recognize your device

The RUU that I linked you to is flashable directly from your phone, you don't need a PC. The instructions to flash it are in the first post of that thread. This will be the easiest method but like I said before you will lose everything.

EDIT: Schergerr is correct about the drivers. If you don't have HTC Sync installed than that is why you are getting that error. You can download it from HTC's website. After installing it, run the RUU on your PC again.

The RUU that I linked you to is flashable directly from your phone, you don't need a PC. The instructions to flash it are in the first post of that thread. This will be the easiest method but like I said before you will lose everything.
    Ok, i read the post and am in the process of downloading it right now. i'm not to worried about romving data because im pretty sure i already did that. i was in a scare and started doing what ever it took, including wiping data back to factory. Now i'm just worried that it wont work on metro pcs network anymore.

It will not work on Metro PCS after running a RUU. You will have to reroot it, and flash a ROM or change some settings or both to make it work on Metro again. I don't have a Hero so I am not sure what's necessary to make it work.

You might want to just try flashing a new kernel then. It's not very difficult at all to do and it very well could solve your problem.

Kernels are flashed from recovery. Just put it on your SD card, boot into recovery, wipe your cache and dalvik, then select flash from SD card, find your kernel and select it.

It will not work on Metro PCS after running a RUU. You will have to reroot it, and flash a ROM or change some settings or both to make it work on Metro again. I don't have a Hero so I am not sure what's necessary to make it work.

You might want to just try flashing a new kernel then. It's not very difficult at all to do and it very well could solve your problem.

Kernels are flashed from recovery. Just put it on your SD card, boot into recovery, wipe your cache and dalvik, then select flash from SD card, find your kernel and select it.

Is their any possible way that you can point me in the right direction on finding a kernel?

I would dig around xda for one, that's probably your best bet.

Have you tried asking the person that flashed it about this?

Does it matter which Kernel it is?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links