Replacement battery for HTC Inspire 4G

This is a discussion on Replacement battery for HTC Inspire 4G within the HTC Inspire 4G Accessories forums, part of the HTC Inspire 4G category; One of my relatives has been heavily complaining on his battery life preformance, asks my opinion. So far the decent high capacity replacement battery for ...

Thread: Replacement battery for HTC Inspire 4G

Replacement battery for HTC Inspire 4G

One of my relatives has been heavily complaining on his battery life preformance, asks my opinion.
    So far the decent high capacity replacement battery for his HTC Inspire 4G that i came across is Mugen Power 1500mAh Extended Battery which is apparently compatible with HTC Desire HD too.
    Does anyone has opinions on this product? how it behaves with Inspire?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've never tried this battery with my Inspire 4G, so I can't advise you on it, I'm afraid. Just a note on overall battery usage - HTC has always had an issue with the ability of their batteries to maintain a charge and the likely culprit is their Sense UI. Sense is really pretty to look at and it's features make it easier for some people to navigate around their phone. The price tag for the beauty and functionality is a rapidly draining battery. There are several ways you can tackle that problem.

One way is to buy a bigger battery. That option is attractive due to it's pure simplicity - the bigger battery will hold a bigger charge, but will still discharge at the same rate as the original battery but will take longer to run out of juice.

You can try tweaking your phone's system. Turning off wifi and GPS, turning brightness down to a very low level will cut down on the amount of drain the battery is subject to. It's also a pain in the rear to set up and reduces your enjoyment of the phone. IMO, this approach is like having your home furnace set at 65 degrees all winter long. Yeah, your gas bill will be lower, but you'll also shiver the entire time.

You can (if you are rooted) install a non-sense based rom. Those roms are smaller (so you save space in your internal SD card) and result in an improvement of battery life and speed of the phone. I switch roms frequently on my Inspire, and rotate between a Sense based rom (eye candy) and a non sense based rom (better performance). If you are not rooted, then this option is out.

The final option is to simply buy multiple chargers and have them located wherever you are. I have charges scattered throughout my apartment and in my car. When the battery level on my Inspire shows it needs a charge, I simply plug it in and let it rip. The advantage of this approach is it will work for all phones, regardless of whether or not they're rooted.

HTH,

-
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links