How to enable high speed uploads (HSUPA) on your Inspire 4G [root]

This is a discussion on How to enable high speed uploads (HSUPA) on your Inspire 4G [root] within the HTC Inspire 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; We're all a little bummed that AT&T has blocked the Inspire 4G from having full HSPA capabilities by keeping the radio non-HSUPA capable . To ...

Thread: How to enable high speed uploads (HSUPA) on your Inspire 4G [root]

Twitter
    wwickedd

How to enable high speed uploads (HSUPA) on your Inspire 4G [root]

We're all a little bummed that AT&T has blocked the Inspire 4G from having full HSPA capabilities by keeping the radio non-HSUPA capable. To be honest, we expected this based on their track record with HSPA Android devices, and tricks that work with the iPhone, like limiting bandwidth for YouTube uploads, won't last very long once dedicated Android hackers get into the mix. They have the right to regulate bandwidth in the best interests of all customers, and just because you or I don't happen to agree with what they're doing doesn't change that. We'll leave that for the government to sort out.
    Now for the fun part. It's easy to re-enable your high speed uploads on the Inspire -- turn it into a Desire HD. They are the same phone, just branded a bit differently, so it's not a difficult feat. The hardest part (read -- what you're going to be the least familiar with) is rooting the darn thing. The method is straightforward, but involves tools and processes that are pretty intimidating to the layman.

In the meantime, attn1 at XDA has a complete Inspire 4G hack kit available for those who feel up to the task.
    Once rooted, it's as simple as installing one of the Desire HD custom ROMs and flashing a compatible kernel over it. Both are widely available, and Android Revolution HD from mike1986 over at XDA-Developers, with the Telus Desire HD kernel is a great way to start.

androidcentral

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi
    This is a very useful post.... I'm in Sri Lanka and Using an Inspire 4G AT&T (Purchased In US) operators here said my phone doesn't support 900/1900/2100 frequency & won't get HSPA. will my phone support HSPA here if rooted this way...? Will LTE / HSPA+ support be lost in this process...? Please help me with ...
    Thanks - Faiz Rahmathulla

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links