HTC Inspire vs Motorola Atrix

This is a discussion on HTC Inspire vs Motorola Atrix within the HTC Inspire 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Originally Posted by KC Baltz Is there a verdict on whether or not the Inspire has development or not? I'm leaning towards it over the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HTC Inspire vs Motorola Atrix

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by KC Baltz View Post
    Is there a verdict on whether or not the Inspire has development or not? I'm leaning towards it over the Atrix as I've heard that Atrix is locked down and I don't have a need for the laptop dock thingy anyway.
    The Inspire will definitely have a dev support. It's basically a renamed Desire HD, and there's already a lot that has been done for that model... The Atrix is rooted, but that's all that I know about so far.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

WERA689
    Well, the Atrix has already been rooted, though the signed bootloader is still an obstacle that hasn't been overcome. The dual core processor pretty much seals the deal for me, though...it's an Atrix!

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    If I don't end up getting the Atrix, I'll be content and happy with the Inspire. This is really the first I have liked Sense UI. It's very nice assembled. I see so much MIUI in it so I feel familar with it. It's really preference between these two plus the Samsung Inspire coming out. The Fast Boot is incredible. Like 5 secs and the phone is on and running.

Android Lurker Andrea Cristiano Maietta's Avatar
    well if you guys start reading first impressions/reviews the atrix is a fail, screen has issues with color rendering, apps dont render well and arent dual core usable, the docks have both been NOT recommended by endgaget and the 1GB of ram only 512 mb are available for the phone use while the rest is for the laptop dock. So in summation , inspire has more usable RAM, better screen, all apps are usable and its a better company without the locked boot and horrible motoblur. Thank you Atrix come again

After playing with and checking out the Atrix, I'm even more happier with my Inspire. I thought Samsung used cheap plastic, wow. And Motoblur sucks. The UI was very unappealing to me compared to Sense 2.0. Feels cheaply made to be a work horse. The screen on the inspire seems crisper a well. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    After playing with and checking out the Atrix, I'm even more happier with my Inspire. I thought Samsung used cheap plastic, wow. And Motoblur sucks. The UI was very unappealing to me compared to Sense 2.0. Feels cheaply made to be a work horse. The screen on the inspire seems crisper a well. Just my opinion.
    Quoted for truth

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Ouch! I handled it before release and I've definitely felt cheaper phones... The Inspire feels more expensive because of it's aluminum unibody design. Only bad thing about a unibody design is that compromises have to be made somewhere... for the Inspire/DesireHD it was the battery compartment size.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Ouch! I handled it before release and I've definitely felt cheaper phones... The Inspire feels more expensive because of it's aluminum unibody design. Only bad thing about a unibody design is that compromises have to be made somewhere... for the Inspire/DesireHD it was the battery compartment size.
    Coming from a Nexus one, my standards are pretty high. I can handle the battery compartment. I actually like it. I don't need to play with the batter compartment and I'm glad they made is seperate from the SIM / SD card compartment, unlikes the Nexus One.

I try not to judge phones by outside cases, but as I mention I came from a Nexus One and before that I can from a Nokia E71. It's not the "feel" more expensive, it just feels built of better quality.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links