HTC Inspire vs Motorola Atrix

This is a discussion on HTC Inspire vs Motorola Atrix within the HTC Inspire 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; What would pursued you to purchase the HTC Inspire over the Motorola Atrix? Let's get the debate going!...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HTC Inspire vs Motorola Atrix

dandroid

HTC Inspire vs Motorola Atrix

What would pursued you to purchase the HTC Inspire over the Motorola Atrix? Let's get the debate going!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Lurker Andrea Cristiano Maietta's Avatar
    I think im leaning toward the Inspire, I like the sense UI and all the things that come with it and sense.com also like the outside look of the inspire better than the plasticky look of the atrix. The bigger screen is a plus as well.

Andrea, don't both phones have a 4.3" screen with the new Samsung weighing in with a 4.5"?

For me the tipping point is the processor (Artix). I'm a gizmo-nut and, right or wrong, believe that anything "faster must be better". I've never owned a Motorola or an HTC but I have played around with an EVO and a Droid and they are both impressive phones. I may just have to wait until I can hold both of them in my hand. I may even wait for the new Samsung. I don't want to purchase one and later have buyers remorse. I like the idea of a 4.5" screen. I already have to use the highest magnification for store bought reading glasses but then, I own a BB Bold 9700 and compared to the 2 Captivates I bought for Family Plan members, it's like reading a billboard instead of a paperback.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    IDK? To me there's just nothing special about the Inspire to me, aside for the 768MB of RAM vs 512MB of most other phones (Atrix excluded). The Snapdragon in use here is a second-gen 45NM processor, and it's beastly in it's own right. BUT, the Adreno 205 GPU still just doesn't cut it.

IMO, it's spec'd just enough to call it high-end, but there's no frills. I just don't see this one being nearly as big a hit as the Atrix or Infuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    IDK? To me there's just nothing special about the Inspire to me, aside for the 768MB of RAM vs 512MB of most other phones (Atrix excluded). The Snapdragon in use here is a second-gen 45NM processor...
    Ewww. Second-gen is so.... so old school. Next year I'll be saying the Atrix is starting to look like my old RAZR-V3xx. Oh yeah, I DID own a Motorola phone. I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    Andrea, don't both phones have a 4.3" screen with the new Samsung weighing in with a 4.5"?

For me the tipping point is the processor (Artix). I'm a gizmo-nut and, right or wrong, believe that anything "faster must be better". I've never owned a Motorola or an HTC but I have played around with an EVO and a Droid and they are both impressive phones. I may just have to wait until I can hold both of them in my hand. I may even wait for the new Samsung. I don't want to purchase one and later have buyers remorse. I like the idea of a 4.5" screen. I already have to use the highest magnification for store bought reading glasses but then, I own a BB Bold 9700 and compared to the 2 Captivates I bought for Family Plan members, it's like reading a billboard instead of a paperback.
    No the Atrix has a 4 inch

the one thing the inspire has over the atrix is it is made my htc, and htc has the best(or so ive heard) background for updates, i mean took the backflip almost as much time as ginger bread to come out as it did to update to 2.1, course backflip wasnt their main priority but who knows still have to say the atrix for specs, inspire for looks and manufacture

The specs of the atrix just blow the other phones away. That extra ram will be soo nice. Plus I really like the laptop dock.

Sent from my Dell Streak

Quote Originally Posted by spectre51 View Post
    The specs of the atrix just blow the other phones away. That extra ram will be soo nice. Plus I really like the laptop dock.

Sent from my Dell Streak
    Specs dont make a phone its the complete package, if the phone is optimized correctly, if the UI doesnt lag like MotoBlur etc etc just because many phones have somewhat better specs than the Nexus S none of them are as good.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    Specs dont make a phone its the complete package, if the phone is optimized correctly, if the UI doesnt lag like MotoBlur etc etc just because many phones have somewhat better specs than the Nexus S none of them are as good.
    The Atrix is ugly. Most Motorola phones are hideous . I love HTC and their quality. I have a Nexus One and the feel and quality of this device is beyond imaginable. Specs and the current standing of the OS version is what makes them good. The Nexus S is so sub-par, it's not funny. My Nexus One has EVERYTHING the Nexus S has.....minus the 'curved' contour display.

HTC Inspire is something AT&T users can look forward to....FINALLY. STOCK HD recording and an 8MP camera is enviable. Second-gen 1GHz Snapdragon is plenty of power. My Nexus One is beyond snappy, especially with SetCPU for rooted devices. I always find it promising to read via these forums that those who currently have unlimited data plans, regardless of the future upgrade, can still keep their unlimited plan. I'm currently using my old iPhone data plan on my Nexus One... I was planning on buying the HTC Inspire outright so I could keep my unlimited data. Thank god!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links