HTC Inspire 4G Battery Life

This is a discussion on HTC Inspire 4G Battery Life within the HTC Inspire 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I currently have the inspire but tomorrow its going back. Please dont misunderstand, the phone is incredible and i have no other issues, but the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HTC Inspire 4G Battery Life

Getting something else

I currently have the inspire but tomorrow its going back. Please dont misunderstand, the phone is incredible and i have no other issues, but the battery life is absolutely terrible. I dont know how some of you actually get a full day of use but mines dead by 4 in the afternoon and i get up at 6 in the morning. This is also with light to moderate use. Not heavy. I am looking at getting the Motorola Atrix 4g because im sortave tired of the apple software since ive had an ipod touch for over 2 years now and not much changes in the software. The Atrix also has a 1930maH battery so it should get me through the day even though its android and has a dual core processor. I am not for sure that the dual core would make the battery drain faster but I imagine it will. Besides all that, I believe that the battery is as good as the i phone 4's and nobody seems to have problems with it.

Mine sucks I took it off charge at 8am it was dead by 4pm thats not with alot of use either. I am going to get a spare battery

Mine's going all day with the following:
    - Take off charge at 7 AM
    - Drive to work listening to MP3 for 30 mins
    - Working in Wi-fi environment all day, using the phone mostly for calendar and email, little calling
    - Drive home listening to MP3 or Pandora for 30 mins, or calling on the phone
    - Hook up phone to charger around 11pm.

Sometimes I use it for games. I've usually got more than 25% left by the end of the day. I have it hooked to Exchange with a 15 min refresh interval.

One of the key things I wanted to comment on is that the battery life improved significantly after the first week. It seemed like the battery "broke in". I've heard of others having a similar experience as well.

One other thing: For those choosing a dual-core, you might actually get better battery life:

NVIDIA: Quad core can actually use less power than dual core | TechRepublic

Really guys, there's not necessarily a problem with the battery on the Inspire. I take mine off the charger at 6:00 AM and by 8:00 PM, I still usually have 60% more or less, left on my battery, and I have wifi and GPS always on. My phone usage is moderate, but I have the brightness cranked up all the way. This was all before I rooted the phone last week and installed a custom rom. No real change with the custom rom, I still get about the same battery life. If there comes a time that I *don't* get good battery life, I'll just buy a bigger battery, like I have on my Droid Incredible and Original Droid. They work well, and increase the functionality of the phone, but I don't have a need to buy one yet.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

I have had my Htc Inspire for about 3 weeks now. Trust me, I can kill my battery in about 4-5 hours with severe heavy use. With me turning down my screen and using only manual sync, I can get about 8-10 hours out of my phone and still have about 10-15% battery life left. I know there is probably more that I can do to conserve more but I just can get this phone out of my hand. I am new to Android and it is starting to become an addiction. This is my first Htc product and I really love there hardware, very well built. This phone rocks....

Two weeks with mine... no battery problems here (I guess that's probably not what some of you want to hear, but it's just the way it is... for me). My usage ranges from moderate to heavy and have thus far been able to make it through a workday. Like Wyckid1, by the time I get back home I'm down to 15% maybe a little more. And that's without doing all the power tweaking stuff.

Smile

I found this battery at Amazon for my Inspire. Have had it for about a month and it is great. Mod to Heavy use easy 8 hrs. Seidio Innocell 1300mAh Slim Extended Life Battery for HTC Surround/ HTC Inspire 4G/ HTC Desire HD. $35.00

Just my thought - there is no reason to run the battery to totally dead. I've experienced pretty good battery life with my Inspire, but if I saw it was running really low in the afternoon (that's the 30% range for me), I'd simply plug it in and charge it - either at my desk, or in the car. No biggie. I mean, if you're stuck with a battery that isn't the best, just go with the flow and either replace it with an aftermarket battery or charge it more often. Why pull your hair out and fret?

My two cents worth...

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

i only charge my phone up once a day. thats with moderate usage too. i love this phone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links