HTC Inspire 4G Battery Life

This is a discussion on HTC Inspire 4G Battery Life within the HTC Inspire 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; For those with battery problems check to see if your blue tooth stuff is turned on. That is a huge battery hog, especially if you ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HTC Inspire 4G Battery Life

For those with battery problems check to see if your blue tooth stuff is turned on. That is a huge battery hog, especially if you don't have your blue tooth device turned on and it's trying to find it (for instance, i turn blue tooth on for my commute to work and home from work, but turn it off during the day to preserve battery).
    If I use wi-fi hotspot for my hour train ride each way, it will take about 30% of the battery each way. I just bring my usb cable with me to work and charge it up while at the office and then charge it up when I get home. I'm typically not under 50% either time it gets to be plugged in, and I use the device at about a medium level. I also use wi-fi when the hotspot is not on for both at office and at home. I'd always love to see a little bit more out of my battery, but right now I'm happy with the battery life.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

I just got my inspire 4g about 2 weeks ago, and tomorrow its going back. I cant get through the day without it being dead. This is why I got away from the i phone because of having to chase a charger down everyday. I can't stand if I leave my charger at home my phone wont make it through the day with out needing to be charged. I personally think this is ridiculous. A brand new phone that I dont hardly use wont stay charged not a full day even if I leave it charging all night and most the morning. For instance I take it off the charger at 10:00 or 11:00 am and by night fall its dead, without much use. And also the wifi doesnt pick up good at all, I can be only 10ft from the router and hardly no signal. thats jus junky if u ask me, and also the signal is not good either. Very aggravating when 4 people around u have at least one bar and mine never does. I will definitely be looking for a better phone tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

WERA689
    I use the Signal Meter Widget to see absolute signal values on cell and wifi.

I just got my HTC Inspire 4G frour days ago and the battery issue is too much to handle.. I mean example today.. I unplugged the phone from charger @ 8:30am.. it is 10:51am and is 60% of charge left.. this is ridiculous! No phone calls, only a few texts and facebook... Dont get me wrong.. it is an AMAZING Phone... but cant get it to last 6 hours of minimal usage.. dont know what they were thinking with such a crappy battery.. yesterday I bought a car charger and an extra desk charge for the office so i can have plugged in every time.. still this is an incredible machine.. but the battery is a major concern..

WERA689
    First thing to check is your widgets. Weather widgets are notorious battery killers! Since they run in the background, and tend to refresh often, they can take a big bite out of your battery.
    The Weather Channel app is one of the biggest battery hogs.

Also, go to Settings>Applications>Running services and see if there's anything there you don't need or use. If there is, kill it. Be careful not to kill any needed system apps, though.

You'll also find that it takes a few charge/discharge cycles to stabilize the battery. Most of us have found that after a week or 2, battery life improved.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope that helps!

here is a question i have had my phone for a while now but i started using a car charger for when im out and i didnt charge it up but now i notice my battery dont last as long as it did. do u think that car charger had something to do with it???

thanks

WERA689
    It's unlikely that your car charger actually caused your battery to run down faster. Are you sure it was actually charging when it was plugged into it?

yup sure it was charging i have heard of a car charger messing with the battery this aint my first android phone but this is the 2nd time it has happened to me but the first time i had a htc incredible and was bought used this time my htc inspire was bought new. so i dunno.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links