HTC Inspire 4G Battery Life

This is a discussion on HTC Inspire 4G Battery Life within the HTC Inspire 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; How's the battery life treating Inspire 4G owners?...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC Inspire 4G Battery Life

dandroid

HTC Inspire 4G Battery Life

How's the battery life treating Inspire 4G owners?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Lurker Andrea Cristiano Maietta's Avatar
    I get 12-15 hours easy with moderate/heavy use and with average use 9-10

The first day I had mine I had to charge it twice, but now I can go thru a day and still have some life left. That's with moderate use too...

-Jesse

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    I just got mines so I'll have to see how well the battery life is as opposed to my MIUI Nexus 1 Rom. But so far I love it. This phone is much better than I though.

How do You do that?

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    I get 12-15 hours easy with moderate/heavy use and with average use 9-10
    How do you get 12-15 hrs?

I think he transposed the numbers but I can get through the day with moderate use and have some left over. It's dependent on signal strength and how often I allow apps to sync.

Guys, if you are really getting that much battery life from your Inspire, please let me know the secret. I'm getting a max of 4 hrs battery life with moderate use.

Yes, I have labored for 2 weeks with the Inspire4G, expecting that all of the advantages of this advanced SMART handset would beat performance of the I Phone in so many ways, starting with the HSPA+ capability. My conclusion after investing over 100 hours in sorting out both battery use charging issues and contact/adjunct info (that has been living on my old Nokia 6230 comfortably) I saw no alternative to dump this phone as not yet finished. HTC has generally been a leading handset designer but obviously has decided to make it's customers both Alpha & Beta testers for the Inspire. Things like no user guide... more than a month late and weeks after the launch with AT&T, are just too much to ask of a new product with this level of features with hundreds of new Icons without text! Battery LIFE is THE single most important reason you should stay far away from this phone. Comments like, "the way to deal with the battery life issue is to turn down the display to 40%".
    Other strategies along with such suggestions are like saying you should make this phone into a big power hogging featureless DUMB Smart phone. This is not a solution any more than telling buyers to drive a race car at 25MPH so that it can get the advertised 15 MPG economy instead of the 7 it gets going 60. The Inspire ain't a wireless phone if it needs to be connected to a battery charger 3-4 times a day if you want to use it in a way that justifies the considerably onerous upgrade, both financially and time spent personalizing it to make your own life EASIER! I must say that you can expect your time on the charger a year from now will double as the Li-Ion battery inevitably loses it's initially better charge life. In fact even if you don't mind having your wireless phone... wired to an outlet, now that I have switched to the I-Phone 4, a 3G only lower tech device, with only a 5MPix camera & a higher price tag, I see why everyone who owns the newer 4 especially loves the phone and why even the older I-Phone 3 version, which drops calls & has terrible voice quality. My new I-Phone4 ROCKS & even with all the constraints that Apple limits it with stuff like not being able to upgrade flash memory or change the battery as a user function. In fact, just considering the number of accidental phone calls the Inspire accidentally placed due to poor ergonomic display & firmware layout, I find the I-Phone too good to frustrate yourself with anything else. And I say that as a very old early adopter type. Finally, shame on AT&T for releasing a handset to customers just to say they had a "4G" offering, especially when anyone savy about tech services in the cellular provider space knows that 4G and even 7.2 Mb/sec HSPA+ is just marketing vapor in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Textek View Post
    Yes, I have labored for 2 weeks with the Inspire4G, expecting that all of the advantages of this advanced SMART handset would beat performance of the I Phone in so many ways, starting with the HSPA+ capability. My conclusion after investing over 100 hours in sorting out both battery use charging issues and contact/adjunct info (that has been living on my old Nokia 6230 comfortably) I saw no alternative to dump this phone as not yet finished. HTC has generally been a leading handset designer but obviously has decided to make it's customers both Alpha & Beta testers for the Inspire. Things like no user guide... more than a month late and weeks after the launch with AT&T, are just too much to ask of a new product with this level of features with hundreds of new Icons without text! Battery LIFE is THE single most important reason you should stay far away from this phone. Comments like, "the way to deal with the battery life issue is to turn down the display to 40%".
    Other strategies along with such suggestions are like saying you should make this phone into a big power hogging featureless DUMB Smart phone. This is not a solution any more than telling buyers to drive a race car at 25MPH so that it can get the advertised 15 MPG economy instead of the 7 it gets going 60. The Inspire ain't a wireless phone if it needs to be connected to a battery charger 3-4 times a day if you want to use it in a way that justifies the considerably onerous upgrade, both financially and time spent personalizing it to make your own life EASIER! I must say that you can expect your time on the charger a year from now will double as the Li-Ion battery inevitably loses it's initially better charge life. In fact even if you don't mind having your wireless phone... wired to an outlet, now that I have switched to the I-Phone 4, a 3G only lower tech device, with only a 5MPix camera & a higher price tag, I see why everyone who owns the newer 4 especially loves the phone and why even the older I-Phone 3 version, which drops calls & has terrible voice quality. My new I-Phone4 ROCKS & even with all the constraints that Apple limits it with stuff like not being able to upgrade flash memory or change the battery as a user function. In fact, just considering the number of accidental phone calls the Inspire accidentally placed due to poor ergonomic display & firmware layout, I find the I-Phone too good to frustrate yourself with anything else. And I say that as a very old early adopter type. Finally, shame on AT&T for releasing a handset to customers just to say they had a "4G" offering, especially when anyone savy about tech services in the cellular provider space knows that 4G and even 7.2 Mb/sec HSPA+ is just marketing vapor in 2011.
    Dude if you've ever owned any other device that has a Ghz processor you will see that battery life on EVERY single one of them is crappy. Also, the issue with the "4G" is something that HTC had to make a deal with AT&T to disable, so thats on AT&T's end not HTC's. This phone, in my opinion, is the best single core smart phone out right now, as far as price, quality, flawless UI & lots of customization over iPhone. All your gripes come with pretty much every smart phone with like labels. The EVO 4G, isn't really 4G either because of T-Mobile's marketing scheme. It's all the same, don't blame a great phone for it's provider's false services.

I have decided against getting an inspire. I really really wanted one, but when I found out it carries pretty much the same battery that my tiny little aria has in it.....there's just no way in hell it will last me through a full day of use. Probably wouldn't get me through half a day honestly. They could have given it the same 1500mah battery the Evo uses and kept the battery life bad, but instead it's either1200mah or 1230mah, and there's no way it can be anything but horrible for my needs. I'm starting to look at other phones now since I have to keep at&t, I LOVE my aria, it really is a great device, I got rid of my captivate after I got it and it deserves a powerful successor, it really does. These companies have GOT to get a grip on battery issues, PERIOD. Anything less than 1900mah on a device released in 2011 on a phone of this size and calibur is a bad idea, and anything less than 1500mah is pathetic. Maybe I'll look at windows phones, I don't know, but I do know if battery life isn't improved drastically on these devices soon that people WILL stop buying them, and the minority of hardcore users who just "deal with it" won't be enough to sustain them.

/rant

sorry, it just needed to be said.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links