Looking to sideload apps on the Inspire???

This is a discussion on Looking to sideload apps on the Inspire??? within the HTC Inspire 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Check this out, I posted this on another website, but here it is again: Alright, so if you guys are interested in sideloading apps, you ...

Thread: Looking to sideload apps on the Inspire???

Looking to sideload apps on the Inspire???

Check this out, I posted this on another website, but here it is again:

Alright, so if you guys are interested in sideloading apps, you know by now that AT&T has locked that option out, so we are forced to use the Sideload Wonder Machine. And I got it to work. My first app to install: z4Root. I believe that it worked, but I'll edit this post with results.

Anyways, here is how to get Sideload Wonder Machine to work:

First, go HERE and install HTC Sync. You don't need this for anything but the ADB drivers, so don't use it after you get it fully installed. (Sidenote - during the installation of HTC Sync, it prompted me to stop my anti-virus software to continue, but I didn't and nothing bad happened so just leave it on.)

Second, get Sideload Wonder Machine. You can find it at Android Central | Android Forums, News, and Help But you will need to be a member there to get the file for download. Follow the instructions in the post about that as well.

Third, plug your phone in and set it to debugging mode. You can do this by this: menu>Settings>Applications>Development
    Then, change the setting for the phone to CHARGE ONLY!!!

Fourth, open Sideload Wonder Machine. Then choose the APK you want to install. Click install. When the window pops up you should see something about your phone and below that something to the effect of "Success". If not, take a screen-shot and post it here to I can take a look.

Matt

EDIT: Z4ROOT ISN'T WORKING FOR THE INSPIRE FOR TEMP ROOT OR PERMA ROOT! SORRY FOR THOSE WITH HIGH HOPES, BUT THE APP CLOSES OUT BACK TO THE APP DRAWER BUT NO SUPERUSER PERMISSIONS.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    I was able to get Swype to run on my Inspire with SWM and some ADB prompts.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I was able to get Swype to run on my Inspire with SWM and some ADB prompts.
    Good work!

Matt

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links