AT&T 4G trouble

This is a discussion on AT&T 4G trouble within the HTC Inspire 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Dorian Edit: On the Inspire, you may not have to root. On the Atrix you do. Do Tell! :cool::cool::cool::cool:...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AT&T 4G trouble

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post

Edit: On the Inspire, you may not have to root. On the Atrix you do.
    Do Tell!

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Do Tell!

:cool::cool::cool::cool:
    With the Inspire, it seems some of them are shipping with more than one APN setting, with the wrong one being enabled by default.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

With the Inspire, it seems some of them are shipping with more than one APN setting, with the wrong one being enabled by default.
    But wouldn't you be able to just add a new APN setting?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    But wouldn't you be able to just add a new APN setting?
    Nope. AT&T locks those on stock ROM's. That's why most will have to root to fix it... only after rooting will you have sufficient permissions to change APN settings.

Yeah but those two APN are the only 2 that is locked. You can add a new APN setting by hitting Tue menu button to add. I added ATT wap old settings to get the tether to work. :cool: whether I get charged or not is a different matter but I don't get the you need tether service from ATT.

Nope. AT&T locks those on stock ROM's. That's why most will have to root to fix it... only after rooting will you have sufficient permissions to change APN settings.
    Hi Dorian. I have read at the xda developers about rooting inspire and it is not as easy as captivate. You need to create a gold card which is a sd card that has to be created in the phone and some say it doesn't work, anyway do you know any better way to root the phone and are you planning to make custom ROMS for inspire?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Yeah but those two APN are the only 2 that is locked. You can add a new APN setting by hitting Tue menu button to add. I added ATT wap old settings to get the tether to work. :cool: whether I get charged or not is a different matter but I don't get the you need tether service from ATT.
    See, that goes back to what I said... some are different than others.

Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Hi Dorian. I have read at the xda developers about rooting inspire and it is not as easy as captivate. You need to create a gold card which is a sd card that has to be created in the phone and some say it doesn't work, anyway do you know any better way to root the phone and are you planning to make custom ROMS for inspire?
    Not many phones are as easy to root as the Galaxy S series. I think the GS series were rooted a full 2 months before they were released to the public...LOL. But I'm really thinking about getting an Inspire myself, and yea I'm also looking at some root methods.

Ah I see, I think I just misunderstood what you were saying. But yeah I can add new APN setting on mines, but I also been able to on my Galaxy Tab as well. Guess I win twice. LOL

But all BS to the side, I'm sure the Motorola Atrix will be a great phone, but IMHO right now it's just a good phone. I think it will pave the way for Tegra 2 development for phones that might carry the processor. But just from first observation, I didn't like like that plastic feel at all. It's not really a big deal for me though, but I don't know why it just felt cheap in my hand. I guess I was just way more impressed with their Droid phones design this "this"

We'll see though.

Okay, I have got my phone today. First impression is wow. it is a great looking phone. 1780 quadrant 58.8 neocore faster than galaxy S but screen even though bigger not as good as captivate. And yes speed restricted greatly. My first test upload went up to 1350 I was happy than never went over 400 and you can see phone is trying hard to speed up but arrow going up and down indication of software cap. I like the phone a lot. HTC sense is awesome. After Moto Blur and samsung skin sense is just right for daily use. And I heard someone was saying side loading apps are not possible but it is. You can either use droid Explorer for windows or use adb.exe command line to install any app you want. If anyone needs any info or help how to install non market apps let me know I will give you step by step instructions how to do it. So other than AT&T speed cap phone is great. Only thing is missing is front facing cam. But not a biggy.

Dang it. ATT lock the APN settings and I was not able to switch SIM cards. When you do you have no data. Only way to do it is Root.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links