How about Inspire vs. Infuse

This is a discussion on How about Inspire vs. Infuse within the HTC Inspire 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I'm due for my upgrade and trying to decide whether to go with the Inspire or wait for the Infuse...any help would be much appreciated!...

Thread: How about Inspire vs. Infuse

How about Inspire vs. Infuse

I'm due for my upgrade and trying to decide whether to go with the Inspire or wait for the Infuse...any help would be much appreciated!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    It's hard to make any judgments for me on that one. I would really like to check it out and hopefully Samsung UI won't continue to crap the phone's hardware. I'm also concern about Wifi Connections and slow GPS responses being the same problem on the Inspire. It's one thing I hate about the Galaxy Tab and from what I read in the pass has been a problem on Galaxy S phones series as well.

I honestly think the Inspire is an underrated phone simply because it has a 1ghz processor. I truly believe I went the right choice for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    It's hard to make any judgments for me on that one. I would really like to check it out and hopefully Samsung UI won't continue to crap the phone's hardware. I'm also concern about Wifi Connections and slow GPS responses being the same problem on the Inspire. It's one thing I hate about the Galaxy Tab and from what I read in the pass has been a problem on Galaxy S phones series as well.

I honestly think the Inspire is an underrated phone simply because it has a 1ghz processor. I truly believe I went the right choice for me.
    I agree that the Inspire is an underrated phone, by a lot of people. I was amazed at how FAST the thing is, and how surprisingly nice Sense 2.0 is to use. It was indeed the RIGHT choice for me.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post

Hmm. I can't say that TouchWiz has ever put a hurtin' on any system resources... and when it's running, it's smooth as glass. As far as the depth of UI customization goes, it's: Blur>Sense>TouchWiz. Also, WiFi on the Galaxy S hardware (which is what's inside the Infuse) connects to my home network at 72Mbps+. GPS is the only area where things go bad, and I agree, they are quite bad.

The Inspire is a great phone though. It's on the second generation Snapdragon SoC platform, and it's got upgraded GPU hardware. All in all, it should perform VERY well, in addition to looking very good, for most users.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    I still want to check out the Infuse, but it might get looked over by the LG Till 4G. But the 4.5 super amoled + is what attracts me to the infuse the most.

Atrixxxxxxxxxxx.... oh thats not an option...

WERA689
    Should be though

Just picked up my HTC Inspire from ATT.....dumped crappy Iphone 3Gs and I am extremely happy with this phone so far. As stated above the phone is extremely fast and its ability to run multiple apps at once is sweet. 10.1 flash built in works like a dream .....too bad Iphone keep *****in with Adobe. As for the Atrix....its junk...looked at it compared to Inspire and the Motorola interface is a complete turd in the punch bowl.......Just got done removing all of ATT's blotware and I give a more tech/spec run down later on.....But it is by far the best Android phone for ATT. Also it doesn't seem to be blocking the Google App Market....I think ATT got smart and if you look to the right in the app market youll see the ATT apps separately...it doesn't force you to use theres. But this phone LOVES to use its battery '-)

ATT Inspire Rated 9 out of 10.....

WERA689
    I'll be the first to admit that Blur sucks. Because it does. BUT, it's easy to hide by using an alternative Launcher app, like ADW or Launcher Pro. I use both, at times...depending on my mood
    And it's not that ATT blocks the Market apps, but they do block certain apps...which also sucks; but that's on ATT, not the device. If the Inspire somehow got around that, I'll be surprised!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I'll be the first to admit that Blur sucks. Because it does. BUT, it's easy to hide by using an alternative Launcher app, like ADW or Launcher Pro. I use both, at times...depending on my mood
    And it's not that ATT blocks the Market apps, but they do block certain apps...which also sucks; but that's on ATT, not the device. If the Inspire somehow got around that, I'll be surprised!
    If you're rooted, you can change your device ID in your build.prop and unlock everything in the market. The device ID is what's checked when launching the market. It reads your device fingerprint and filters apps accordingly. That's how I got around it on the Captivate. I'm using a Verizon HTC Incredible FRF91 fingerprint. :cool:

Code:
    ro.build.fingerprint=verizon_wwe/inc/inc/inc:2.2/FRF91/231334:user/release-keys

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links