Bluetooth voice dialing not so hot?

This is a discussion on Bluetooth voice dialing not so hot? within the HTC Inspire 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Originally Posted by irguy Yes, a mid-90's Motorola Razor. Recognizes names ACCURATELY, CONFIRMS them, and THEN dials. The Inspire will be the 4th smart phone ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bluetooth voice dialing not so hot?

Quote Originally Posted by irguy View Post
    Yes, a mid-90's Motorola Razor. Recognizes names ACCURATELY, CONFIRMS them, and THEN dials.

The Inspire will be the 4th smart phone I have returned in the past three years (Palm Centro, iPhone 3g, Captivate, Inspire) because it does not meet the very basic requirement of letting me operate hands-free while driving. I have tried the following headsets with my Inspire: Motorola H17, BluAnt T1, BluAnt Q2.

Also, after using a bluetooth headset the phone's voice capabilities do not work (the microphone registers no input) until the phone is rebooted.

The phone's non-bluetooth voice commands work extremely well, so it puzzles me that the bluetooth does not. The BT capabilities almost look like they were grafted on as an afterthought. Do the engineers not bother to test this stuff at all?
    This is one of things that I find hard to believe. People are flocking to these phones, yet they lack one of the basic phone features. BT voice dial. I have a Windows mobile 6.5 phone. This has voice dial that works very well. I am looking for an Android phone. I was shocked when I bought a Captivate for my wife and found out we couldn't do voice dial. This is almost a year later and we still can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by elvisfan View Post
    This is one of things that I find hard to believe. People are flocking to these phones, yet they lack one of the basic phone features. BT voice dial. I have a Windows mobile 6.5 phone. This has voice dial that works very well. I am looking for an Android phone. I was shocked when I bought a Captivate for my wife and found out we couldn't do voice dial. This is almost a year later and we still can't do it.
    I returned the Captivate and purchased a Thunderbolt and a Jawbone Icon. This combo exceeds my expectations, though I still wish it would confirm before dialing. When I think of it I use the Icon with Vlingo, which has become an excellent program with numerous updates. Having been away from the big V for a while I'd forgotten what it's like to not constantly drop calls (but I'm getting used to it).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links