HTC Release ROM Update for Inspire

This is a discussion on HTC Release ROM Update for Inspire within the HTC Inspire 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Check your systems updates in setting. Make sure to be connected to WiFi and make sure battery of charge or it won't let you update. ...

Thread: HTC Release ROM Update for Inspire

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar

HTC Release ROM Update for Inspire

Check your systems updates in setting. Make sure to be connected to WiFi and make sure battery of charge or it won't let you update.

Speeds for me have been better improved for internet and also the function of the phone seems to run a little smoother as well.

Get your updates.

One reason why I like HTC. They tend to stand behind their product updates for the most part. Looks like the released the cap on the HSUPA so I was pulling 1248 on my first run and my download speeds avg around 4500

Woo Hoo.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    update when I restarted my phone my highest download speed was hitting avg around 6300

WOO HOO

I'm rooted with CW Recovery and a custom rom installed, and I've never received any notification for an OTA update - not that I would accept it, or that it would install...

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Do I need to be connected to wi-fi to RECEIVE the update, or just to download it? I heard some of my friends say they got the update in the form of a text, but I am unsure if I need to hook up to wi-fi to receive the update? I would imagine you don't, but when you get it you need to get to a wi-fi area to actually put it on your device. I've never received an update before, so I'm not sure what to expect.

For those wondering the same thing I was wondering, I found the answer. About 30 seconds after connecting to WiFi with my Inspire I got a notification for a system update.... Looks like you do need WiFi not only to install the update, but to receive it as well.

I'll add that I've had some problems with instability (phone locking up) since the update. Not sure if it's related or not, but if someone's unsure if they need the update, you might want to wait and see.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links