Battery Findings

This is a discussion on Battery Findings within the HTC Inspire 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I got the Inspire 4g about 2 weeks ago and it only took about 24 hours to realize that the battery life in this phone ...

Thread: Battery Findings

Battery Findings

I got the Inspire 4g about 2 weeks ago and it only took about 24 hours to realize that the battery life in this phone was going to be the biggest issue. At first I could only get about 9 hours of moderate use out of the phone, which I thought ridiculous. After reading the forums I've found that many users of the Inspire 4g have noticed similar 'low quality' battery life. I've tweaked some things, and changed some settings to find that now I can get about 12 straight hours of heavy use, and about 20 hours of moderate use. I have to charge this phone about once every other day, much better than every 9 hours.

The first thing I did was set the screen brightness to 25%. The screen is vibrant, one of the many cool features of the phone and to lessen the brightness is unfortunate, but 25% brightness is good enough for me to see it clearly in any indoor area. (If you use the power widget, its the middle setting on the brightness tab). The second thing you do is go into settings>accounts and sync. Here you can see that your phone is probably syncing quite often and a consequence of that is that your battery is getting zapped. There are probably several apps you don't need syncing every hour, and I only have about 2 syncing automatically, every 8 hours. The third thing you can do is go into settings>wireless & networks>mobile networks> and un-check the "enable always-on mobile data. Chances are you won't notice any difference in data use/coverage but your battery life will increase dramatically (this is the biggest difference I noticed.) And lastly, always turn your screen on sleep or whatever when you aren't using it (and turn the vibrating key strokes off as well). I hope this helps.

Last thing I found out was my old Blackberry bold 9700 car charger appears to charge this phone too. As far as I can tell it has done no damage to the phone, if anyone knows if this is a safe practice or not please let me know.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Thanks for the tips. I noticed my battery life get drastically worse the other day and I think its cause I turned on the "enable always on mobile data" functionality. I just turned it off. What exactly does this feature do?

Your BB charger shouldn't hurt a thing.

My old Backflip charger works on the Inspire , it's the charger I leave at my job......honestly I don't know if the battery is worse or better than previous Android phones I have owned, I just plug the charger in whenever and pretty much don't worry about it....

Quote Originally Posted by trevorr77 View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I noticed my battery life get drastically worse the other day and I think its cause I turned on the "enable always on mobile data" functionality. I just turned it off. What exactly does this feature do?

Your BB charger shouldn't hurt a thing.
    I believe that the 'enable always on mobile data' option, if checked, would provide your phone with constant interaction to the mobile data. When you un-check it, you may find that when you waking your phone up for use, it takes a few seconds for your phone to hook itself back up to the mobile network before you can get updates from facebook, or twitter, or whatever. I've noticed that since un-checking it, I'll see a H+ symbol, with a check mark underneath. If I have that check mark underneath I am unable to load new feeds until it shows the upload and download arrows (only takes about 3 seconds max for your phone to hook back up).

I could be totally wrong, not even in the ballpark, but it is what I noticed. Ultimately, you shouldn't notice any differences connectivity-wise, but you'll notice huge battery benefits.

Do not worry about that, that is ok.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links