Has anyone NOT had to change their data plan?

This is a discussion on Has anyone NOT had to change their data plan? within the HTC Inspire 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I currently have an Aria with an unlimited dataplan. Based on the data, I would be exceeding ATT's limits monthly. As such, I'm concerned about ...

Thread: Has anyone NOT had to change their data plan?

Has anyone NOT had to change their data plan?

I currently have an Aria with an unlimited dataplan. Based on the data, I would be exceeding ATT's limits monthly. As such, I'm concerned about being forced to change my dataplan if I get an Inspire to replace my Aria. I'm buying this outright, and will not be renewing my service contract. So, when the inspire was coming out, I heard that the dataplans would not be affected. I later ran across a post in which a user posted that ATT made them change to one of their new dataplans. So, I would like to know what everyone's experience has been when activating one of these phones?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    You can get the Inspire and it will still work on your current plan, but you won't get the 4g service w/o telling them. It will get grandfathered in so you won't lose your unlimited plan. Don't let them fool you. They just have to change it to the 4g service.

But don't quote me verbatim as I'm not 100% sure. But you will still have to call them to have them switch on the 4g service for your phone.

Smile

Well, I got my Inspire and they did have to perform a little magic at ATT. Before calling them I was getting NO 3g/4g access at all. However, the good news is that they did grandfather me in. I was able to keep my unlimited dataplan and get 4g.

I'm cooking with gas and happy as can be.

I got the Inspire yesterday and the rep at Best Buy was on the phone with AT&T about this very issue, I wasn't going to get the phone if they forced a data change on me.......they didn't and I get to keep my unlimited plan.

I picked up this phone from someone on CL. When I tried using data, I got nothing. I called ATT this morning and the rep tried to tell me that I couldn't have an unlimited 4G plan, that it didn't exist and wasn't possible. I told her that was not an acceptible answer and that she needed to get a supervisor. After some haggling I have what I think is the 4G unlimited plan. I just talked to a tech support person (trying to get sideloading enabled) and she thought at first that I still had a 3G plan (which pissed me off) but after going to add the 4G she realized it was actually correct.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links