sideloading

This is a discussion on sideloading within the HTC Inspire 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I still haven't received the sideloading update for the inspire. Does anyone know who I should be in touch with (ATT or HTC)? I have ...

Thread: sideloading

sideloading

I still haven't received the sideloading update for the inspire. Does anyone know who I should be in touch with (ATT or HTC)? I have missed a few Amazon free loads that I regret not being able to get at.

Thanks for any help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You can still "purchase" the free apps and then just wait until you get the update to install them. Or you could root your phone and then enable non-market apps yourself.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I did the HTC update (I've never been offered an AT&T one) by going into Settings -> AT&T Software Update -> HTC Wi-Fi software update. Not sure if that's what enabled sideloading or not.

I agree with jmgib that you can still get the Amazon apps now even if they won't install. You can also install them with the Sideload Wonder Machine. (Google it).

I tried a suggestion mentioned on another forum that I found while searching google. If you did not receive the sideload update all you have to do is call att and get transfered to tech support. When I called I got a regular rep that was clueless what I was talking about, then she finally contacted and transferred me to tech support. The tech support rep was clueless at first but later found out what I was talking about while searching on his computer. He then discovered he did not have the access to manually push the update to my phone. While in the process of figuring out who he needed to transfer me to a manager just happened to be walking by and was able to push the update to my phone. This is confirmed and worked for me

I hope my first post is useful and helps some people out.

Call att or chat and request push for 3rd party apps (unknown sources) using xdm tool.Htc Inspire sideload update!!!! - Android Forums

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links