WiFi Hotspot, Tethering, and Establishing a Good Connection Using My HTC Inspire

This is a discussion on WiFi Hotspot, Tethering, and Establishing a Good Connection Using My HTC Inspire within the HTC Inspire 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I bought an HTC Inspire for the WiFi hotspot feature. I pay for data tethering, and I have successfully connected it to my laptop for ...

Thread: WiFi Hotspot, Tethering, and Establishing a Good Connection Using My HTC Inspire

WiFi Hotspot, Tethering, and Establishing a Good Connection Using My HTC Inspire

I bought an HTC Inspire for the WiFi hotspot feature. I pay for data tethering, and I have successfully connected it to my laptop for browsing. However, I couldn't find others that run into the same problem that I do that happens more often than not. I'll turn on the wifi hotspot, my laptop picks it up, assigns an IP, and acts like it is good to go. I try to load a web page in IE, Firefox, or Chrome, all give me page could not be displayed. Chrome gives me the most information saying it could not resolve the dns (trying to go to google.com). If I turn off the wi-fi hotspot it gives a different message of not connected to internet. So I know there is SOME change. I'll turn the hotspot off and back on as well as turn off my laptop's wireless and turn it back on a couple of times. It sometimes takes 3 or 4 tries before it finally starts to work and I can browse the web.

At all times during these situations my phone has signal (although not always the best) and also can browse internet on the phone itself. It's also showing the H+ network during these times.

Any suggestions for what I can do in order to improve the connectivity to the wi-fi hotspot? I'm expecting it to connect just like it normally does to my at home or work router, get it's ip, and instantly start letting me browse. Has anyone noticed that Windows 7 maybe works better than XP as far as connecting to an Android device (I'm using XP).

I'd much rather NOT have to use a cord to connect phone to computer to get the connectivity. I bought it so that I could have that hotspot connection.

Hopefully some day the speeds will get a little bit better as well. I'm riding the train while using this typically, and on days when it is working the speeds are either marginal or extremely fast (unfortunately more days are marginal than extremely fast!)

Thanks for suggestions!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

I'm in the same boat, or rather, same train ...

love the phone, don't see how I ever dealt with a Berry ...

but the wi-fi on the Inspire infuriates me. I *always* have to open close and start again *at least* once, sometimes two or three time. The wi-fi on our train (TRE Fort Worth - Dallas, Texas) is allegedly 4G but fails more often than not - so i *need* the wi-fi on the phone to work ...

*any* ideas would be appreciated.

i have problem with wi-fi connection on androide 4.0 inspire 4g htc how to solve ......help me plzzz....

Ads