Guess what I'm rock'in...

This is a discussion on Guess what I'm rock'in... within the HTC Sensation 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Bought a pair of Sensations today...and they're even better than what I'd imagined. Truly the Nexus One's 'Big Brother'...feels very light and thin in the ...

Thread: Guess what I'm rock'in...

Guess what I'm rock'in...

Bought a pair of Sensations today...and they're even better than what I'd imagined. Truly the Nexus One's 'Big Brother'...feels very light and thin in the hand despite screen size, and sturdy, as we've come to expect from HTC. Still unfamiliar with Sense (and I think I'm already jonesing for LPro and vanilla GoogleExperience, but I'll play a day or so..but the contacts crap is downright ugly/unuseable...I simply cannot relate to the designer's intentions on that one! LOL! THRILLED with them so far, no issues and LOTS of customisation in my near-future.

Edit: and my biggest worry, AMOLED, is really a moot point..the screen is clear and, well, great! :D
    Last edited by alphawave7; 06-12-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sweet! Little jealous lol. Does the phone feel like it's cheaply made, ex: the htc hd7?

Absolutely not. Very sturdy..it has that back 'case' that encloses its guts, so NO flexing/creaking whatsoever. I told a pal it looks to be an engineering marvel, because it's so deceptively thin and light, yet has that huge screen and powerful dual-core engine in an elegant form factor. Not diggin Sense, though...need root badly.

Good because that hd7 felt like cheap plastic. I don't mind sense but, have to wait to see one on Wednesday. Is it quick? How, about HTC watch?

The unit itself is quick..some slight lag when seriously multi-tasking (Wifi calling running, Skype running, downloading/installing apps most of today) but after a task kill-all I see zippiness=happiness. I verified HTC Watch works, but I don't watch tv stuff, so it doesn't really interest me. Youtube and Netflix (hacked app from XDA) work great and are smoother than I've got on my Nexus and Nook. Best $150 I've spent in a LONG time. :D

Ok great. Was just curious what watch was like. What should HTC have done to sense, besides not using it?

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Ok great. Was just curious what watch was like. What should HTC have done to sense, besides not using it?
    It's mainly eye candy as far as I can tell, and it does so at the expense of usability and resources, which is called 'bloatware' in my book. I'm beta-testing 'Viber' calling app, and it has a completely stripped, dead-simple columned contact list and tabbed screens in compact fonts and distinct colors, so info transfers to your brain easily. Sense jogs things around, isn't clear or intuitive-I'm still lost on updating my Contacts from additional gmail accounts, so I'll need to read a manual! (yep, in this day and age! :P ). Even if I get it populated, it isn't to my liking, and it simply won't get used, favoring Viber or Skype's listings. I also hate locked screens (I use No-Lock app) so it's amusing to me the 'biggest improvement' in Sense 3.0 is indeed a circumvention of a locked screen...'active' widgets. A solution to an unnecessary problem. That alone tells you where HTC is wrt usability.

Twitter
    wwickedd
    Congrats alpha!

Got it. Maybe we should get all the features that are good with the sense 3.0 and other phone UI and make our own Rom. Or at least get the manufacturers on the same sheet of music as their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Got it. Maybe we should get all the features that are good with the sense 3.0 and other phone UI and make our own Rom. Or at least get the manufacturers on the same sheet of music as their customers.
    Sense is a complete waste, imho. I use LauncherPro, and if you want the 'cube' homescreen effect like Sense, LP has it too..(Preferences-Homescreen-Transition Effects-Cube) then disable 'Elastic Scrolling' in Advanced, and whalah...Sense 'Cube' homescreen scrolling.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links