Could possibly be the BEST smartphone ever!!

This is a discussion on Could possibly be the BEST smartphone ever!! within the HTC Thunderbolt forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; My contract with Verizon is up in April... so many choices, so many phones...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could possibly be the BEST smartphone ever!!

My contract with Verizon is up in April... so many choices, so many phones
    Android Phone(s): Droid2 - Droid RAZR Android Tablet(s): Augen Gentouch78 - Pandigital Novel 7" Rooted - Motorola Xoom
    Android Tablets I want: Any Android 3.0 Tablet

The Thunderbolt isn't all old tech. It has some newer things like the new sense, but let's be serious. It's nowhere near being a game changer. It's a single core. I don't think any phone with a single core processor will be considered a game changer from here on out. It does have 768mb of ram, but it's not ddr2 from what I've seen so even that is old tech. I'm glad people are excited about this phone, but it's really not that great. It probably won't be too long before HTC releases something with a dual core processor. Now that's something to be excited about.

the bionic is my next phone even if there is a locked bootloader the names that have dropped that will fully support the bionic is enough for me to get one
    CUSHZERO
    IS
    COMING
    ARE YOU
    READY

Im going to add another line and drop mine down to $10 a month so i can get the TB lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zSwashbuckler View Post
    And what about the rest of the hardware specs? The hardware is what differentiates these two phones. Obviously the phones will have similar software because they're from the same company. Not to mention that comparison didn't mention the Bolt will have the new Sense.
    Well actually what i thought was the most similar about the two phones was the hardware

Screen: Both same shape, both 4.3in, both 800x400
    Camera: Both 8mp auto-focus with dual led flash, both have 1.3mp front facing camera
    Processor: Both 1ghz qualcom processors
    Battery: Evo has 1500mah, Thunderbolt has 1400mah (different but evo is better...)

Thunderbolt has better memory

Both have kickstand
    And look at a picture of the front and the back of them side by side and they just look similiar.

Software is where the real difference lies to me. The thunderbolt has newer version of sense and android (going off what they shipped/are shipping with). And verizon probably added in other things software wise than sprint did.

Im not saying that the thunderbolt is a bad phone but it isnt any big breakthrough in cell phone tech like the Bionic(dual core processers), and its very very similar (not identical) to the evo.
    Last edited by Kmart95; 01-19-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Well Since I'm done with Motorola I might check this out or see their next device

Hoping for dual core, more than 512MB of ram and LTE

Twitter
    garemlin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubermicro13 View Post
    Well Since I'm done with Motorola I might check this out or see their next device

Hoping for dual core, more than 512MB of ram and LTE

Well the Thunderbolt has 768 RAM so I am sure the next big thing, which will prolly be sporting a dual core, will be the same if not better. LTE is the only thing I could care less about. Don't plan on paying extra for capped data. And if I need to do something faster than 4G provides I just do it wifi. Not including the fact that I will prolly not see coverage until 2012.

Why is everyone making a big deal.out of the dual core bionic? Its a POS. Its a damn motorola that has moto blur, the worst of the UIs. Im willing to bet that my single core TB will run smoother and have a better UI than the bionic.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Android.net App

Twitter
    garemlin
    @ Dark_Jedi

Is have no doubts about that. Even though I love my X, I will admit thar the DI runs faster and smoother. HTC just seems to know his to do it better.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android.net App

Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    @ Dark_Jedi

Is have no doubts about that. Even though I love my X, I will admit thar the DI runs faster and smoother. HTC just seems to know his to do it better.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android.net App
    For sure..and i think HTC has the best support out of all of them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links