Model - Wildfire S
Software version - Android Version 2.3.4, HTC Sense Version 2.1
Phone is not rooted
Specifics of the problem - After returning my phone to factory settings I have not been able to add a Google Account. I receive the error "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server." However, I have unlimited data with my phone and I can use the internet, gmail, and navigation. I have tried using mobile and wi-fi connections to add the account. I have tried signing in with my account and creating an account. I tried the advice of Virgin Mobile (before they told me its not their issue) of turning on and off airplane mode, of taking out the battery, of restarting, of turning the phone on and off. Oh and the stupid idea that I just need to clear my gmail data (even though gmail has been working fine and is not used through the google account.) I also cleared the data for the Google Android market and other Google apps that use the Google Account. I have no existing Google Account set up that needs to be removed. According to Virgin Mobile my data connection is fine and thus this is not their issue. Please help me if you can.