How to Get Internet from Non-Rooted Phone to Computer?

This is a discussion on How to Get Internet from Non-Rooted Phone to Computer? within the HTV EVO 4G LTE forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Searched forum, not clear. Any way to get internet from non-root phone, to computer ? Used Foxfi, until phone replaced last month, and came with ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tears_for_Fears

Thread: How to Get Internet from Non-Rooted Phone to Computer?

How to Get Internet from Non-Rooted Phone to Computer?

Searched forum, not clear.

Any way to get internet from non-root phone, to computer ?

Used Foxfi, until phone replaced last month, and came with new operating system (See signature).

Is there any way to get internet from phone to computer w/o rooting.

Cable, Bluetooth, anything ?

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hello Pancho - I'm not a technician, so I can't offer suggestions for a solution to your problem but lets start with the information our technical people are going to need - what is the model number of your phone? You're posting in the HTC EVO 4G, LTE, area but that's a type of phone, the same way a Honda Accord is a type of automobile. What they will need is the model number from the Settings section of your phone, or if you still have the original box it was packed in, that should be shown on there.

The second thing is who your carrier is - I believe the EVO is exclusively a Sprint phone, but I don't use Sprint myself, so I'm not real knowledgeable about their product line. Providing that information will speed up getting you the help you're looking for.

Edit: Found this online, doing a Google Search -

Does it work? I have no idea, but the author of the video seemed to feel like it did. Watch the video and see if it answers your questions.
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 08-02-2013 at 01:42 AM.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Hello Pancho - I'm not a technician, so I can't offer suggestions for a solution to your problem but lets start with the information our technical people are going to need - what is the model number of your phone? You're posting in the HTC EVO 4G, LTE, area but that's a type of phone, the same way a Honda Accord is a type of automobile. What they will need is the model number from the Settings section of your phone, or if you still have the original box it was packed in, that should be shown on there.

The second thing is who your carrier is - I believe the EVO is exclusively a Sprint phone, but I don't use Sprint myself, so I'm not real knowledgeable about their product line. Providing that information will speed up getting you the help you're looking for.

Edit: Found this online, doing a Google Search -

Does it work? I have no idea, but the author of the video seemed to feel like it did. Watch the video and see if it answers your questions.
    I'm afraid the video asks to be rooted and the OP requested for a method without root.

I used to use Wi-Fi tethering, but last summer I was forced to use an old PC that had no Wi-Fi connection nor Bluetooth. (I also don't recommend tethering through Bluetooth because it's TOO slow!) Luckily, I had a phone with an Internet connection and a USB cable around.

There are many methods and softwares allowing you to use your phone as an internet modem for your computer. From my experience, PDANet was the most reliable. You don't need root access, you only need a USB cable. After you download it, you also need to download it to your computer from here. Note that if your computer doesn't have internet connection, just download it with your phone and transfer the installer to the computer with the USB cable. Once you install PDANet on both computer and the phone, just open PDA and follow the instructions.

I tried several services and PDANet seemed to be the most reliable so I had to rely on PDANet for two months until I got back home. Hope it helps you too!
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links