Upgrade for Huawei. M860

This is a discussion on Upgrade for Huawei. M860 within the Huawei M860 forums, part of the Huawei Android Phones category; Do any know Cricket. will come out with a 2.2 update for the Huawei ascend it has Android 2.1 now. Sent from my M860 using ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade for Huawei. M860

Upgrade for Huawei. M860

Do any know Cricket. will come out with a 2.2 update for the Huawei ascend it has Android 2.1 now.

Sent from my M860 using Android.net

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

They haven't announced a release date yet. The general consensus is that they simply won't ever release an update, since they are dropping the phone prices like crazy getting ready for the Glory. You can mod up to 2.2 or 2.3, though. I'm running 2.3.4 using PlayfulGod's CM7 06242011. Works great. I'm hearing good things about KMod's CM7 also. You can find those here: Main Page - Playfuldroidz Wiki

hey iam sorry am a newbie is there a walk through i can read to be able to do this please thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scur View Post
    They haven't announced a release date yet. The general consensus is that they simply won't ever release an update, since they are dropping the phone prices like crazy getting ready for the Glory. You can mod up to 2.2 or 2.3, though. I'm running 2.3.4 using PlayfulGod's CM7 06242011. Works great. I'm hearing good things about KMod's CM7 also. You can find those here: Main Page - Playfuldroidz Wiki
    also iam running froyos 2.2 on my phone just in case

Quote Originally Posted by sromero619 View Post
    also iam running froyos 2.2 on my phone just in case
    I hate to link from one forum to another, but there is an awesome guide to doing just about anything you wish to do with an Ascend here: ultimate ascend customization guide. - Android Forums

J
    ust realize if you want to use PlayfulGod's latest mod, use his 06242001 build, found here: http://prepaidandroid.org/index.php?title=CM7-Ascend with the 20110306 gapps version found in the guide.

Remember, you have to root your phone first, install CWM, then you can start modding. I HIGHLY recommend getting Superuser, then Titanium Backup after rooting your phone. Use the Superuser to help manage root permissions for apps, and Titanium Backup to back up all your apps and the user data associated with them. TB is superhelpful for re-installing your apps, and can do it all at once with the batch commands. After you install a CyanogenMod, it will root on it's own, and I believe they all come with Superuser.

Again, I can't stress this enough. Backup, backup, backup. You will never come to regret it.

I was nervous as heck the first time I modded up. I thought "Man, I'm going to ruin my phone." But it's really not that bad, and if you try out a few different mods, you'll be feeling just fine about it. Once you get competent about modding, you can even keep multiple mods on your phone, and switch them out with CWM.
    Last edited by Scur; 06-26-2011 at 04:14 PM.

I hate to link from one forum to another, but there is an awesome guide to doing just about anything you wish to do with an Ascend here: ultimate ascend customization guide. - Android Forums

J
    ust realize if you want to use PlayfulGod's latest mod, use his 06242001 build, found here: CM7-Ascend - Prepaid Android with the 20110306 gapps version found in the guide.

Remember, you have to root your phone first, install CWM, then you can start modding. I HIGHLY recommend getting Superuser, then Titanium Backup after rooting your phone. Use the Superuser to help manage root permissions for apps, and Titanium Backup to back up all your apps and the user data associated with them. TB is superhelpful for re-installing your apps, and can do it all at once with the batch commands. After you install a CyanogenMod, it will root on it's own, and I believe they all come with Superuser.

Again, I can't stress this enough. Backup, backup, backup. You will never come to regret it.
    thank you only one problem the link for gapps keep redirecting me to the same page and doesnt let down the file....

i also just rooted my phone using ginger break 1.0 and it was successful can i still use the following info you gave me ??

thank you only one problem the link for gapps keep redirecting me to the same page and doesnt let down the file....

This doesn't work for you?
    http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/...307-signed.zip

thank you it downloaded now iam going to to flash it and everything else thank you

i also just rooted my phone using ginger break 1.0 and it was successful can i still use the following info you gave me ??
    Shouldn't be a problem. Rooting an Android is only gaining supervisor permissions for apps. I don't see it making a difference at all. You really only need permissions for TB and CWM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ads